watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I always took it as it wasn't a joke............. and neither are the streets.

What'd you get from it?
It was probably in 2014, and I had some personal experiences in the years directly before, and it just made sense to me, though my interpretation could be wrong....

Essentially, that is the streets defined, in that little joke, from either perspective of the authorities or those on the other side. You can take it macro or micro level. Like, if you really in the streets, you don't just leave, you take your hits, get back up, fall back down, get back up, like the snail, and you can take it the cops/authorities are who is asking "What the fukk is your problem"? Because the streets just don't stop, but it's the equivalent of a snail to a human, all the forces against it, but it doesn't stop.
I always took it as an easter egg to the entire story

guy seems a snail on his porch... weak little snail... picks it up and throws it away.. snail almost dies but gets back up... goes straight for the guy who threw him.. and the guy who threw him thinks something is wrong with the snail, because he didn't just go away and die

zo sees jake as a weak cop on his turf... uses him and throws him away to the mexicans... jake almost dies but gets back up... goes straight for zo... and zo is shocked like what the fukk you doing back on my doorstep

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got told I look like a young denzel a couple days ago by some milf :lolbron:

I was like oh yeah ? :pachaha::wow:

It's amazing. It is... that you can be out there with a fine MILF complementing you and the most entertaining story that you can come up with to tell us is this.

But I don't believe you.

You tapped that ass, didn't you?

:myman:

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
I always took it as an easter egg to the entire story

guy seems a snail on his porch... weak little snail... picks it up and throws it away.. snail almost dies but gets back up... goes straight for the guy who threw him.. and the guy who threw him thinks something is wrong with the snail, because he didn't just go away and die

zo sees jake as a weak cop on his turf... uses him and throws him away to the mexicans... jake almost dies but gets back up... goes straight for zo... and zo is shocked like what the fukk you doing back on my doorstep
Wow, that's a nice observation.
Eg5JVIL.gif

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
One thing that I didn't get - When Alonzo gives Hoyt the beats on the rooftop, and knocks him out (so he thinks) - why didn't he just kill Jake then and there. I know he was running late, because he looked at his watch, but I would think he would've done away with him. I would have. :yeshrug:
I wondered myself why he didn't just throw him off the roof but I guess he didn't wanna be the one to kill him.

But he did blast at like 5 times wit dat shotgun.

shyt idk, it's a movie :dead::dead:

Daps
It's amazing. It is... that you can be out there with a fine MILF complementing you and the most entertaining story that you can come up with to tell us is this.

But I don't believe you.

You tapped that ass, didn't you?

:myman:
lmao breh im only 20 she works at a office down at my university she knows damn well im a student

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

"May I read my paper? :comeon:"
"It's amazing. It is... that you can be out there with a fine bytch for a year, and the most entertaining story that you can come up with to tell me is a drunk stop. :scust:"

Apparently that diner has been used in other movies as well.

It reminds me of fight club for some reason

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jake: "You been plannin this all day?
Alonzo: "I been plannin it all week, son"
(damn, this movie got quotables for days)

That right there told me he had the whole day mapped out days before, including both Roger and Jake being killed.
I don’t think he planned on killing jake until jake pointed that shotty at him