watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
But breh, theres literally nothing redeemable about Denzels character. He was basically all bad.

I share ur same sentiment in rooting for the bad guys....but when he got wet up qt the end, it was like he finally got what he deserve
Originally the ending was Hoyt was just gonna just dump the money on the bed and leave.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alonzo only got the idea to call smiley after getting the idea after that girl almost got raped by those bums

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yoo, heres a question. just remembered this

what was the significance of roger knowing who jake was/where he played football?

i remember when denzel said "roger sold dope to kids" after they killed him, was it something to do with that?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw this explanation of the snail joke on youtube, not a bad one :ehh:

The snail story didnt mean anything. The punchline made no sense, and it wasnt funny. Roger and Alonzo know this. They just wanted to see if Hoyt would give in to social pressure by laughing. Hoyt did laugh and, therefore, failed the test. A stronger person would have admitted the joke wasnt funny. Hoyts laughter wasnt sincere. It was an act of supplication, an attempt to get Alonzos friend to like him. And thats a big nono on the street. Thats the real joke: they just tricked Hoyt into outing himself as an approval seeking douche. Hoyt has a need to be liked. Thats why he let that cholo see his gun at the end of the movie. Thats why he acted like such a wuss at macy greys house. He needs to figure out the joke was on him. He needs to let go of his need to be liked by everyone, stop laughing at other peoples jokes that dont make sense, stop giving a fukk what people think of him. A man who doesnt give a fukk what anyone thinks of him cannot be manipulated socially. Only then will he be ready for the streets.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
saw this explanation of the snail joke on youtube, not a bad one :ehh:

The snail story didnt mean anything. The punchline made no sense, and it wasnt funny. Roger and Alonzo know this. They just wanted to see if Hoyt would give in to social pressure by laughing. Hoyt did laugh and, therefore, failed the test. A stronger person would have admitted the joke wasnt funny. Hoyts laughter wasnt sincere. It was an act of supplication, an attempt to get Alonzos friend to like him. And thats a big nono on the street. Thats the real joke: they just tricked Hoyt into outing himself as an approval seeking douche. Hoyt has a need to be liked. Thats why he let that cholo see his gun at the end of the movie. Thats why he acted like such a wuss at macy greys house. He needs to figure out the joke was on him. He needs to let go of his need to be liked by everyone, stop laughing at other peoples jokes that dont make sense, stop giving a fukk what people think of him. A man who doesnt give a fukk what anyone thinks of him cannot be manipulated socially. Only then will he be ready for the streets.

That's the best explanation I've seen.

Daps
i think mine was much better

Hoyt is the snail... came into Zo's life, Zo threw him away (tried to have him killed), and then he returns to the door (Zo's house) like "what the fukk is your probem"

:russ: honestly breh I did think your explanationmade way more sense.

Just didn't feel like arguing about it tonight :lolbron: