watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I think it was the shottie to the face
nah, it was not taking the money
that shyt right there let him know he couldnt trust him

it was a bunch of shyt adding up throughout the day and him not taking the money was the final stray

in situations like that.... always take the money, you aint gotta spend it... but take it

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
would lonzo still have set jake up if he was 100% down with everything they were doing and just wanted to be a part of the team ?
Jake: "You been plannin this all day?
Alonzo: "I been plannin it all week, son"
(damn, this movie got quotables for days)

That right there told me he had the whole day mapped out days before, including both Roger and Jake being killed.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

"May I read my paper? :comeon:"
"It's amazing. It is... that you can be out there with a fine bytch for a year, and the most entertaining story that you can come up with to tell me is a drunk stop. :scust:"

Apparently that diner has been used in other movies as well.

:mjlol: this was strike 1

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jake: "You been plannin this all day?
Alonzo: "I been plannin it all week, son"
(damn, this movie got quotables for days)

That right there told me he had the whole day mapped out days before, including both Roger and Jake being killed.
he wasnt gonna kill jake if jake had not been questioning every move and letting him know he couldnt trust him bu not taking that money
he would of just given jake a drop for the drug test and they would of kept it moving

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deus ex machina is a contrived plot device that saves the hero in a hopeless situation later in the movie
So I'm obviously referring to the scene where the girl Jake saves from the 2 rapists just so happens to be the cousin of the lead gang member and he also just so happens to have her picture in his wallet :comeon: that kinda storytelling does not age well. And is corny everytime I think about it
Yep when it came to that scene I was looking like:comeon: .

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Deus ex machina is a contrived plot device that saves the hero in a hopeless situation later in the movie
So I'm obviously referring to the scene where the girl Jake saves from the 2 rapists just so happens to be the cousin of the lead gang member and he also just so happens to have her picture in his wallet :comeon: that kinda storytelling does not age well. And is corny everytime I think about it
It worked a lot better than when they tried to do the same exact thing for no reason in Bright :skip:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
"You ever have your shyt pushed in?"

Y6kIJK6DiZIXK.gif

RIP Tuco

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
What a f*cking movie :wow:

Might be better than it was before to me

Being that its been so long, some of the parts felt like new. The tension was still there like it was yrs ago...maybe more now bc I understand the script/plot a little better now that I'm older.

Got that shyt on Blu Ray, definitely in my Top 10 of All Time. :wow:

tumblr_ozzoo8Opxe1wg3p0ao1_500.gif

tumblr_mrmxbw8H1N1rerzc4o1_500.gif

rwzyW.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
only thing I dislike about training day was the end. movies like this and say "heat" are movies where I want the bad guy to win for a change.

But breh, theres literally nothing redeemable about Denzels character. He was basically all bad.

I share ur same sentiment in rooting for the bad guys....but when he got wet up qt the end, it was like he finally got what he deserve

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
But breh, theres literally nothing redeemable about Denzels character. He was basically all bad.

I share ur same sentiment in rooting for the bad guys....but when he got wet up qt the end, it was like he finally got what he deserve

Charisma goes a long way and Denzel was at the top of his game in this film

Favorite scene, you just really wanted to believe him, he was telling the truth right, right? :mjcry:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Both Denzel and Ethan Hawk bodied their roles

-All that shyt took place in one day brehs. The movie starts off with him in his house kissing his girl goodby and ends with him stubbling back into his house after nearly getting killed 2-3 times in the course of 15 hours. :wow: