watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I always loved "Training Day", I saw that with a friend of mine in 10th grade, he went on to actually work in the business after college. The movie did such a good job of using scenery, authentic locales to create a world, and the tension in many scenes was perfect, the reveal was even more stunning when you look back and see that Denzel is just ruthless, and playing everyone the whole movie, there was nothing real about it any of it, and Jake, and us in the audience were fooled.

The only part the movie fumbled was the end in the Jungle, no way anyone was walking off with even 100k in cash, and the way the Russians got him, was too over the top. That scene should have been much more subtle, and the audience shouldn't have seen it coming, like have him in traffic, and he's shot in the head out of nowhere, not the Scarface style automatic weapons.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
He might be referring to when Alonzo stopped by the ese's and left him there... Hoyt walked in with the money in like a coffee maker box and the Mexican shorty took the money in the back to count it

And it was also money that he helped steal and likely his share that he didn't want that was used.

That said,Denzel and Ethan Hawke both were great in that. It's crazy cuz the first time I watched it I wasn't sure if Denzel was a legit a$$hole or an ends justify the means borderline good cop until that scene where Hoyt almost gets killed.
:ohhh:
damn, see I never even realized that's why he took that money over there.

And that makes sense now b/c right before the mexicans let jake go, they said, "I hope you understand, this is just business"

Makes you wonder if Jake had blasted Zo with the shotgun when he had the chance.

Also, learning that Alonzo was the one who put Snoop in the wheelchair. Dude was super dirty.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It was probably in 2014, and I had some personal experiences in the years directly before, and it just made sense to me, though my interpretation could be wrong....

Essentially, that is the streets defined, in that little joke, from either perspective of the authorities or those on the other side. You can take it macro or micro level. Like, if you really in the streets, you don't just leave, you take your hits, get back up, fall back down, get back up, like the snail, and you can take it the cops/authorities are who is asking "What the fukk is your problem"? Because the streets just don't stop, but it's the equivalent of a snail to a human, all the forces against it, but it doesn't stop.