watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
would lonzo still have set jake up if he was 100% down with everything they were doing and just wanted to be a part of the team ?
If Jake showed he was dirty from jump, then maybe, but Alonzo knew right away dude wasn't down. Too heroic, too honest, there's only one option in the end. :ehh:

But blowing his head off with a shotgun wasn't a wise kill strategy, blood and brain would be everywhere in that bathroom. Smiley would have to remodel that whole shyt. :francis:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
"It's not what ya know, it's what you can prove"

Powerful line right there. You really have absolutely no idea what really happened at any crime scene unless there's actual video evidence.

Also

Jake: "I didn't shoot him"
Alonzo : "Room full of cops said you did"

That line is also very telling.
You wanna go to jail or you wanna go home :jbhmm:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
would lonzo still have set jake up if he was 100% down with everything they were doing and just wanted to be a part of the team ?
it doesn't matter, Alonzo was going to be killed anyway, the purpose of him looking for that money was to teach him a lesson of who was in charge

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
it doesn't matter, Alonzo was going to be killed anyway, the purpose of him looking for that money was to teach him a lesson of who was in charge
While I agree lonzo would be killed regardless, he wouldn't of gone through all that shyt to get the money if he didn't think he could get out alive. Unless he was just planning on skipping town.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
While I agree lonzo would be killed regardless, he wouldn't of gone through all that shyt to get the money if he didn't think he could get out alive. Unless he was just planning on skipping town.
alonzo though his badge would protect him from the mafia, once they told him they don't give a fukk, he got concern, when the wisemen told him they would really kill him that's when he went into criminal mode and robbed smiley. at the end of the day he was no different then the pieces of shyt he was locking up

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Can you explain for a curious breh?
Deus ex machina is a contrived plot device that saves the hero in a hopeless situation later in the movie
So I'm obviously referring to the scene where the girl Jake saves from the 2 rapists just so happens to be the cousin of the lead gang member and he also just so happens to have her picture in his wallet :comeon: that kinda storytelling does not age well. And is corny everytime I think about it