Watched that Prisoner Of Azkaban

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Disney needs to buy them rights so they Marvel/StarWars it... along with the Matrix.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snape.......you right about him.....He is a toned down introverted version of a bytch ass Vegeta....

Speaking of the actress who played Ginny....hands down the girl has to go down as one of the worst actress performance in a classic movie series in the past 00s decade....She was horrendous....

Could all be due to the directors and JK Rowling's fault herself....one of my biggest criticisms for the movies was that the author had an "aww shucks" attitude with idiotic things done and gave them too much control.....

Did not seem to be very meticulous when it came to the movies....

In terms of the creativity for the books....i think folks underappreciate JK somewhat....yes i still think so....

You notice how in any other wizarding/witchcraft book.....they create some mumble jumble spells?

In HP......JK Rowling just straight up made some creative spells simply from taking Latin root words mainly......

my biggest criticism though in terms of the book as a whole.....is that within the last 2 novels she slacked off TREMENDOUSLY.......in the defense against the dark arts department(btw that "every spell knocks someone down" shyt that went on in the movies pissed me off)

harry shoulda learned some other defense besides......expelliarmus.....stupefy.....levicorpus....protego.......and confringo.....

i get he would never beat voldemort one on one.......but still at least make him knowledgeable with defense

:pachaha: @ Harry trying to stun all those Inferi in the cave in the HBP movie, got snatched up real quick.

Lupin tried to tell him

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Awesome awesome post. The books flowed so well. It was the perfect mixture of everything. My gf at the time got me order of the phoenix (it came out on my birthday) on like my 22nd birthday. I was out drinking till 2 in the morning and was in a rush to leave the bar so I could go home and read Harry Potter. Ended up staying up till 11 am reading.

I am now going to promote my fav book of all time.

tumblr_mbdv5jjk1V1qzz0v0o1_400.jpg

I'm an avid reader... even scooped up an English minor on my way out of college.

I really think Harry Potter is the greatest series ever written. The way she developed the characters... the humor.... the sadness.... the lush descriptions she'd provide to set the scenes :wow:. I know there were some plot holes, but overall that shyt was top-notch. I especially like how in book 7 Harry was on some Jason Bourne/Mission Impossible type shyt. Dude was living in the woods suffering and trying to understand how to go about this task that Dumbledore left him. And then the way Rowling resolved everything on the Hogwarts grounds was also piff. I initially thought Goblet of Fire was one of the GOAT books ever written, but then she blessed us with Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows :ohlawd:
Nobody's really mentioned Snape in all this, but the way she made the audience hate him, only to turn him into a hero at the end was just :boss: The movies are ok, but they don't hold any weight to the books. nikkas are quick to be on that "I ain't reading that shyt" mentality, but if you can read ignorant threads all day, you can pick up a book and read a classic :whew:. I'd encourage anybody to read the series.
I'm not gonna go too deep because ya'll have already deciphered this shyt enough. I just wanted to throw a quick blurb in here :russ:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Coming from someone who read all the books, the movies just dont compare. So many shyt left out. And some of the characters you imagine in the books just come across as :snoop: onscreen. The fluer girl is one perfect example of that

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Would it make me a nerd ass fakkit if I got the last 4 books at those midnight release parties? :ponder:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Harry should have wifed up Hermione. The hell did he wife up Ginny who probably looks exactly like his mom except with brown eyes instead of green

But like you said man, Hermione is an amazing character. That is a type of woman I would like, intelligent and strong willed enough not to be a pushover......but at the same time not overly a supreme feminist.
I think back to the moment in Deathly Hallows in the book when she saved Harry's life from Nagini and numerous other times throughout the books. Its ironic Ron is his best friend when Hermione seems like a ride or die chick who was helping him alot more.

Why couldn't Rowling hook Hermione and Harry up and just make Ron be paired with one of the Patil twins and Ginny with Dean Thomas? :damn:

If George can get with Angelina's sexy chocolate ass....why couldn't Ginny be with Dean Thomas and his chocolate brickhouse body? :damn:

My only issue with the book series is that I wish JK Rowling made more spells for Defense Against The Dark Arts. There were already enough for the various subjects but I wish she used her creativity more for the DADA subject especially since that is Harry's specialty.

I liked that unlike other mystical wizardry stories, JK Rowling actually was creative and got spells from latin words and combining them,etc instead of the other clowns(authors) who just make mumbo jumbo words

Then again maybe she wll have them in that long awaited encyclopedia she has talked about for ages.

My HUGE issue with the movie is that for almost every single one of the spells some of these directors had to keep making them "knock the person down" spells :comeon:

Don't even get me started on Prisoner of Azkaban......Alfonso was a horrible director.

There really should be more threads on here about HP.....besides the DBZ series, it was one of my favorite memories of my childhood.

Other Notes:

Daniel Radcliffe has got to be one of the worst actors in recent memory of a series. When he was younger in the first three he did a great job....but as he got older his corniness started to seep into the movies.

And he became a stereotypical nerd.

Now anyone in here who has read all the books knows what i mean when i say the way Dan was acting all awkward and shyt in the later movies...with all his twitching....Harry in the books was not like that.

I shook my head in that part of the Half Blood Prince movie where this lame got herbed by Ginny when they were on teh Quidditch Field training the new rookies......

:comeon:

In the book, the real OG harry is having quotes like "There is no need to call me sir Professor", and I love that there is even alot more adult humor in the books and we dont endure Dan Radcliffe being a twitchy awkward simp.

And Ron's worst fear is mainly just spiders but the movies made him a stereotypical scared sidekick.

While in the books with his humor he is like the :smugbiden: of the entire series. I mainly watch the first two movies nowadays when they have one of their movie marathons despite how some people may say its too cheesy/too Disney....which may be true but there isn't as much things messed up.

Other Small Notes:

I always imagine Brady and Giselle when thinking of Bill and Fleur
Kingsley Shacklebolt had potential to be the Piccolo of the series
Scorpius was a cool name for Draco's kid but god damn the name Harry gave his kids were horrible "Albus Severus"?

:scusthov:

Whenever I reminisce about the series i always try to imagine how good Hermione's sex game was

:shaq:

:salute: Spot on. The magic sucks in the movies. Just generic star wars like zaps. Really wack. And Harry and Ron were portrayed so terribly onscreen. Especially Ron. He mainly was bug eyed and scared the whole time. If he was black, it would have been racist. And Harry definetly had more balls in the later books. I dont know if it was OOTP or HBP, but in one of those books he was ethering everyone and swearing like crazy. I remember Hermione was like "stop biting my head off :to::damn: But in the movies, he was a fukking geek who for some reason always had the same facial expression in every scene. No wonder Emma Watson is the only one with a real career after these movies

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Would it make me a nerd ass fakkit if I got the last 4 books at those midnight release parties? :ponder:

Fam, I left a party during my sophomore year of college on a friday to go to Walmart to cop DH wasted. My friends were all like :seriously:. I kid you not. I was at all types of functions and gathering with my book looking like a straight :whoo: But I grew up with that shyt since I was 12. Had to ride it out

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Young Neville: :lupe:

"It's high time your grandmother learned to be proud of the grandson she's got, rather than the one she thinks she ought to have..."

Nev' Money da' gawd: :blessed:

zopaco317

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs.....This series brehs:wow:.....Is the best series ever, if the movies did half the justice they should have done to the books.....:sadcam:....the harry potter universe would be widely considered the best universe ever created....Countless nights i would pickup a harry potter book only to look at the clock and realize 4 hours already passed:ohlawd:....when people tell me hp is overrated i immediately know they never touched the books.....and its a shame.....the way j.k rowling emotionally attached the reader to the characters was amazing:noah:.....i have never been so captivated by a fictional world as i was with harry potter, and i probably never will again

Mischief Managed :to:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Coming from someone who read all the books, the movies just dont compare. So many shyt left out. And some of the characters you imagine in the books just come across as :snoop: onscreen. The fluer girl is one perfect example of that

more than anyone i think the films did Ron the greatest disservice. dude is a foul-mouthed ass. that shyt woulda been kinda cool to play that into the movies a bit more.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
i think people get too caught up in the books to realize that with a movie you only have 3 hrs max to fit in the key elements of a book. after that, the viewer is usually exhausted and lost interest. for the most part i thought they did a great job of staying on par with the books. but yall have to realize that the directors can only do so much. Half Blood Prince could be about 5 hrs maybe 6 if you tried to put in everything from the book.