Wasteland 3 (Linux, Windows, Mac, Xbox One, PS4)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Had 4 crashes today and had to restart about 2 other times because of dialogue not coming up or some other janky ness but i expect it at this point. Cyberpunk and baldurs gate 3 are gonna be bad also.
The last patch fixed a lot of the memory issues that were going on.

I apparently found the biggest quest bug - the one regarding slavers

not too big of a headache, but its a thing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The last patch fixed a lot of the memory issues that were going on.

I apparently found the biggest quest bug - the one regarding slavers

not too big of a headache, but its a thing

That one just happened to me. If i had patience I’d wait for these type of games to get all the patches and updates before buy them but I’m too impatient.

Daps
Play pillars of eternity then. Real time with pause.

Dont see the point of complaining about turn based isos when everyone knows this is genra is either turn based or real time with pause :yeshrug:

I don't like it when the enemies takes turns slapping me in the face :yeshrug:

I'm gonna check out pillars tho:ohhh:

I'm just itching for a more tactical isometric shooter after Killzone Liberation and D/Generation. :yeshrug:

But point and click turn based ruin it for me

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
I don't like it when the enemies takes turns slapping me in the face :yeshrug:

I'm gonna check out pillars tho:ohhh:

I'm just itching for a more tactical isometric shooter after Killzone Liberation and D/Generation. :yeshrug:

But point and click turn based ruin it for me

Pillars is fire and the second one is fire too. More fantasy based instead of real life based like this one. Made by obsidian as well.

Daps
Pillars looks like trash :hhh:

Boh of them:scusthov:

Made by obsidian too:deadmanny:

Obsidian is garbage. :heh:

Real talk the game looks like it was exclusively made for people who played those types of pc games in the 90s. They don't want new people money.

I can shyt on Obsidian from such a height oh my gawd they suck ass. :dead:

I'm looking at a let's play and dude is pausing the game every 3 seconds. That is not what I meant when I bring up real time combat. Since it's a obsidian game, everytime I skipped to something it was dialogue after dialogue :scusthov:

Obsidian is notorious for dialogue bloat, and making speech overpowered.

Divinity 2 looks way better then Pillars and probably overshadowed it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Real talk the game looks like it was exclusively made for people who played those types of pc games in the 90s. They don't want new people money.

I'm looking at a let's play and dude is pausing the game every 3 seconds. That is not what I meant when I bring up real time combat. Since it's a obsidian game, everytime I skipped to something it was dialogue after dialogue :scusthov:

Maybe just get Diablo and be happy?

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps

Divinity 2 is the best out of all these but its turn based so you aint gonna like it lmao

Last edited:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
They've got premade builds you can start off with, but to be blunt - its a lot to take in

you can learn on the fly but know its gonna be a rocky road at times. damn good game though

It’s honestly not much different than fallout if you’ve ever played 3 or 4 or new Vegas. The only difference is it’s teams like x-com instead of just one person and you spread out stats and skills to make your team well rounded. (Ex. One person is a lock picker and mechanic, the other is a survivalist and animal whisperer, etc.)

The original fallout games were like this then they made them 3d. Like gta used to be top down and went 3d, it’s the same. If you’ve never played fallout or elder scrolls then I’m not really sure. TBH though, I think it’d be even more fun to not be familiar with the mechanics. The fun part about these type of games are the surprises.

Good looking. I am about to finish up what would be like my 10th playthrough of New Vegas, that's why I am interested in this game anyway. Should I play Wasteland 2 first or nah?