Wasteland 3 (Linux, Windows, Mac, Xbox One, PS4)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My only major crit so far are the load times. Holy shyt.... It’s pretty slow. Especially for a game that doesn’t even feel that graphically intense.

the power of unity I guess.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
So how hard is it to get in to this game? I enjoy rpgs with different builds but I never played one like this. Would I need to read up on skills and perks to get a good team or can I just find out on the fly?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So how hard is it to get in to this game? I enjoy rpgs with different builds but I never played one like this. Would I need to read up on skills and perks to get a good team or can I just find out on the fly?
They've got premade builds you can start off with, but to be blunt - its a lot to take in

you can learn on the fly but know its gonna be a rocky road at times. damn good game though

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It’s honestly not much different than fallout if you’ve ever played 3 or 4 or new Vegas. The only difference is it’s teams like x-com instead of just one person and you spread out stats and skills to make your team well rounded. (Ex. One person is a lock picker and mechanic, the other is a survivalist and animal whisperer, etc.)

The original fallout games were like this then they made them 3d. Like gta used to be top down and went 3d, it’s the same. If you’ve never played fallout or elder scrolls then I’m not really sure. TBH though, I think it’d be even more fun to not be familiar with the mechanics. The fun part about these type of games are the surprises.

Daps
Why do isometric shooters like these have to always be point and click?

Anybody here know about killzone liberation?

I kinda want a isometric shooter like how killzone did it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man this game has SOOOOOO many options. I can only hope cyberpunk has half as many as i've come across in the few hours I've played.

game is a solid 9 out of 10 so far.

Low key in the running for game of the year.

It's really good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why do isometric shooters like these have to always be point and click?

Anybody here know about killzone liberation?

I kinda want a isometric shooter like how killzone did it.

If you’re playing on steam you can play with a controller and control your characters. It’s only point and click with mouse and keyboard as default.

Daps
If you’re playing on steam you can play with a controller and control your characters. It’s only point and click with mouse and keyboard as default.

When you said that I looked it up and it still has turn based gameplay which is what ruins these isometric games.

My bad it was point and click and turn based.

Killzone liberation gameplay was all controlled no turns

Same with D/Generation a classic.

I guarantee you if more isometric games were more like those they be more popular. What kills them is the turn based and point and click.

Oh and that mindless enemy spam I hate when they do that.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
When you said that I looked it up and it still has turn based gameplay which is what ruins these isometric games.

I guarantee you if more isometric games were more like those they be more popular. What kills them is the turn based and point and click.

Play pillars of eternity then. Real time with pause.

Dont see the point of complaining about turn based isos when everyone knows this is genra is either turn based or real time with pause :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

People that like this genre like turn based tactical gameplay, thats kind of the point.

There are plenty of RTS games out there, which is a whole other genre.