Wasteland 3 (Linux, Windows, Mac, Xbox One, PS4)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this patch just downloaded on my ps5, i think I might give the game another run once i'm finished with cyberpunk

Wasteland 3 Patch 1.2.0 “Meat Maker Marinade”
Highlights
  • Balance changes have adjusted some core systems to ensure a true wasteland experience. Developer commentary is included below from David Rogers to help explain the thought process and intentions behind the changes.

• We finally resolved the issue that could cause the two starting Rangers’ attributes to go into the negative. Thanks to everyone who had to deal with this for your patience.

• We resolved a few progression blockers which were giving some of you grief, including the Yuma County Speedway door and Little Hell gondola.

• The incredibly annoying slamming-into-cover issue is now addressed! If you still want your controller to vibrate endlessly we hear there are apps for that.

• [PC/Xbox] Brazilian Portuguese and Italian subtitles are now available!

• Note: These additional subtitles are expected to be available on PlayStation by early next year.

the numbers of items on this list are so long I couldn't even break it up into two post.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I actually helped crowd fund this and never even played it.:francis:

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I actually helped crowd fund this and never even played it.:francis:

Fred.

Its a fun game, but like cyberpunk it released in an almost unplayable state. I felt like it was almost worse because the battles take so long in wasteland. Nothing like carefully planning a strategic battle, spending another 15 minutes taking out enemies and hoping you crit etc. then you get a crash ...that happened like 6 times a session.

If the crashes are fixed i might start a new game

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its a fun game, but like cyberpunk it released in an almost unplayable state. I felt like it was almost worse because the battles take so long in wasteland. Nothing like carefully planning a strategic battle, spending another 15 minutes taking out enemies and hoping you crit etc. then you get a crash ...that happened like 6 times a session.

I funded a gang of games a few years back. Most were like what you were describing. Buggy as fukk and/or clearly unfinished.

:francis:

A few ("Divinity" 1&2 and "Battlechasers") were legit dope as fukk though.

Fred.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Interesting one my friends said the same thing what were you playing on?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is still one of my all time favorite games.

If this and cyberpunk could somehow merge minus the bugs,
It would be the goat game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I funded a gang of games a few years back. Most were like what you were describing. Buggy as fukk and/or clearly unfinished.

:francis:

A few ("Divinity" 1&2 and "Battlechasers") were legit dope as fukk though.

Fred.

Last thing I funded was Battletech. And while it turned out better than I thought, it definitely didn't meet expectations after the release with DLC and extra content.

I'd probably give Wasteland 3 another chance if they tightened up a lot of the mechanics. There were bugs, yeah, but there was some fundamentally just trash ass stuff you shouldn't be dealing with an RPG like this. For example, the iniative/engagement rules functioned like a suggestion more than a legit ruleset. Far too many times I was reloading a save because I shot first and got punished for it because only half of my team was in whatever they deemed to be the engagement range.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last thing I funded was Battletech. And while it turned out better than I thought, it definitely didn't meet expectations after the release with DLC and extra content.

I'd probably give Wasteland 3 another chance if they tightened up a lot of the mechanics. There were bugs, yeah, but there was some fundamentally just trash ass stuff you shouldn't be dealing with an RPG like this. For example, the iniative/engagement rules functioned like a suggestion more than a legit ruleset. Far too many times I was reloading a save because I shot first and got punished for it because only half of my team was in whatever they deemed to be the engagement range.

Same here. Last game I funded was battle tech and Idk something about it felt off. Like, it kinda felt like a slog to me, especially with how interesting the world and characters/story are in shadowrun.

Yeah, i was weary going into W3 because I played W2 and there was a shytload of jank like that. Where you party member will just run into land mines and kill everyone. Or your pet companions just flying into fire and gas and suiciding themselves.

You get a nice clean iniative shot and half your party isn’t even in combat and by the time you finish shooting the game defaults back to the enemies turn before you can get your party members in range of the fight. Etc.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Same here. Last game I funded was battle tech and Idk something about it felt off. Like, it kinda felt like a slog to me, especially with how interesting the world and characters/story are in shadowrun.
I loved Battletech tbh. One of my most played games of that year. I just thought that they'd continue keeping that level of dev power and support behind it OR ride that momentum into another quality title. They did neither.

And it took the mod community stepping up for them to realize the need for an single player/rogue-lite experience outside of the single player campaign. Which is like.... they should've fukking known that was going to be one of the most important things to have in the game to keep players attached for DLC.

Even Battlestar Gallactica got that right - and sure enough, it lasted FAR longer than Battletech did.

Just a lot of head scratching decisions with the way all of it was handled.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I loved Battletech tbh. One of my most played games of that year. I just thought that they'd continue keeping that level of dev power and support behind it OR ride that momentum into another quality title. They did neither.

And it took the mod community stepping up for them to realize the need for an single player/rogue-lite experience outside of the single player campaign. Which is like.... they should've fukking known that was going to be one of the most important things to have in the game to keep players attached for DLC.

Even Battlestar Gallactica got that right - and sure enough, it lasted FAR longer than Battletech did.

Just a lot of head scratching decisions with the way all of it was handled.
]

To be fair my pc ran it like crap so that contributed to my issues with how slow it was in general. I think I wanted more story or character interaction between and during battles.

I thought the factions and stuff would matter more also.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Booted up[ the game and literally played for like 15 minutes before i got a crash and now the start screen is frozen. :dead:

This game has been out for 5 months and even playing it on a new console with an SSD it still doesn’t work. I bought this game for 65 dollars but of course no one gives a shyt.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Booted up[ the game and literally played for like 15 minutes before i got a crash and now the start screen is frozen. :dead:

This game has been out for 5 months and even playing it on a new console with an SSD it still doesn’t work. I bought this game for 65 dollars but of course no one gives a shyt.
:unimpressed:

im surprised your not defending this game to the death

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Xbox or playstation?

I only ask because much like cyberpunk I think this game is most stable on xbox and pc.