Washington Post: Sony and Nintendo are not in-step with how the rest of the software industry works

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
and to this day i have never had micro transactions in sony 1st party games so obviously the 10 dollars is doing the trick

I will gladly pay 10 dollars more for games if it means i don’t have to buy seasonal packs and DLC every two months like i had to do with street fighter or any other fighting game or they don’t soft cap progression forcing you to buy boosters
tKuiR1v.png

Sony Q1 FY2021 (Apr-June) Results - PS5: 2.3m (LTD: 10.1m), PS4: 0.5m (LTD: 116.4m) / Best Q1 Revenue in video game history Sales - Sony
In the last quarterly report Sony brought in 1.28 billion in sales off selling actual games. They brought in 1.88 billion off selling additional content for those games.

The price of games went up you just didn't notice because it's deceptive. 33% is DLC and 23% is games.

Sony doesn't need nickel and dime transactions in their games because other developers have that covered and Sony gets a piece of all that. Sony makes 1st party games to entice people to buy their hardware and get you in the ecosystem. From there everything you buy makes them money.

The $10 thing is because Take Two did it and got away with it. That's how gaming works. When one company does something and gets away with it others copy the move simply because they can.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Crazy that ppl feel the need to defend that $70 price tag. Why?
Because of tribalism. People identify with the brands of products they consume. This tribalism is the same sort of tribalism that gets people into not wearing mask and arguing over the science of a vaccine because some political figure does it. It's like the republican voters that irrationally argue for policies that negatively affect them in red states and vote against their self interest.

The internet has only accelerated all this tribalism. As a consumer it's better you not get too attached to these brands because all of them aren't really on your side and the first clear opportunity they get they'll screw you.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because of tribalism. People identify with the brands of products they consume. This tribalism is the same sort of tribalism that gets people into not wearing mask and arguing over the science of a vaccine because some political figure does it. It's like the republican voters that irrationally argue for policies that negatively affect them in red states and vote against their self interest.

The internet has only accelerated all this tribalism. As a consumer it's better you not get too attached to these brands because all of them aren't really on your side and the first clear opportunity they get they'll screw you.
:mjlol:

The dunning-Kruger effect in action folks.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tKuiR1v.png

Sony Q1 FY2021 (Apr-June) Results - PS5: 2.3m (LTD: 10.1m), PS4: 0.5m (LTD: 116.4m) / Best Q1 Revenue in video game history Sales - Sony
In the last quarterly report Sony brought in 1.28 billion in sales off selling actual games. They brought in 1.88 billion off selling additional content for those games.

The price of games went up you just didn't notice because it's deceptive. 33% is DLC and 23% is games.

Sony doesn't need nickel and dime transactions in their games because other developers have that covered and Sony gets a piece of all that. Sony makes 1st party games to entice people to buy their hardware and get you in the ecosystem. From there everything you buy makes them money.

The $10 thing is because Take Two did it and got away with it. That's how gaming works. When one company does something and gets away with it others copy the move simply because they can.

The additional in-game content isn’t from sony 1st party games that charge the extra 10 dollars it from F2P shyt like fortnite, warzone, and genshin.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let’s criticize other publishers for charging to play games online or not dropping the price of their software, but defend a $10 increase in software pricing on your preferred platform.’

Make it make sense, brehs. :mjgrin:

Funnny how I’ve never seen your bytch ass do any of that though:jbhmm:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The additional in-game content isn’t from sony 1st party games that charge the extra 10 dollars it from F2P shyt like fortnite, warzone, and genshin.
Yeah.
tKuiR1v.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Ok, so if i get to spend 70 dollars on the games i actually play and don’t have to be nickel and dimed beyond that price, i don’t care. Let the F2P people fund my 1st party games.

Like i said, yall can they to make this 10 dollar thing a mountain but at the end of the day the software is king.

If sony stops putting out amazing software you have an argument here. Sony dictates the market with their quality, if they dip in quality then someone else can write the rules.

This is how it works, always has. It’s also why nintendo gets to freely play in their own lane with insane pricing because people can only play zelda and mario on nintendo and those games are high quality experiences so they can charge whatever they feel its worth

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
‘ Let’s criticize other publishers for charging to play games online or not dropping the price of their software, but defend a $10 increase in software pricing on your preferred platform.’

Make it make sense, brehs. :mjgrin:
Nobody should be charging for online play anymore. Fortnite has proven that it's in their best interest to get more people playing these games and get microtransactions off them. It's just a relic of the past that companies haven't let go of. Maybe Microsoft with their free to play Halo multiplayer is looking at another way though. I doubt it.

The irony of all of this $10 more for games crap is the original sin was from that mircotransaction cesspool they call NBA 2K. That was the one that kicked all this off. Now thanks to a game that clearly didn't even need to do that this has become accepted common practice.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The only real power you have as a consumer begins and ends with your wallet. If you don’t like something, simply don’t buy it. Show the companies that the value they place on their products are not where the market is. There is no other way to show a company their pricing is wrong other than a lack of sales.

Of course, that won’t happen because in Sony’s eyes their games still sell like hot cake which proves that they could probably price their games at 80 dollars and despite the kicking and screaming on social media people will still buy their games. They got people running the numbers, highly paid people not on message boards.

All these people whining about 10 dollars extra are still gonna buy horizon, gow, and gt7, and once those cross-gen games are out people will move on.

This whining reminds me of when black twitter tried to boycott gucci for a week :mjlol:

Ps5 breaking records right now and they still can’t meet demand. Yall are just blowing hot ass air

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok, so if i get to spend 70 dollars on the games i actually play and don’t have to be nickel and dimed beyond that price, i don’t care. Let the F2P people fund my 1st party games.

Like i said, yall can they to make this 10 dollar thing a mountain but at the end of the day the software is king.

If sony stops putting out amazing software you have an argument here. Sony dictates the market with their quality, if they dip in quality then someone else can write the rules.

This is how it works, always has. It’s also why nintendo gets to freely play in their own lane with insane pricing because people can only play zelda and mario on nintendo and those games are high quality experiences so they can charge whatever they feel its worth
Go ahead and do that. I'll vote with my wallet. The price increase has negatively impacted both my purchasing habits and my gaming habits. The only $70 game I've purchased was Ratchet and Clank and had I bought it today I'd be getting the same game and experience for less and wouldn't have given up anything really for it.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...ank-rift-apart----playstation-5/11118328.html
I'll let yall handle that $10 since yall like it. Makes no sense for me to be buying these games at inflated prices when really they come back down so fast.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
just because you buy something, it doesn't mean you don't have an issue with it's price. I paid $60 for Link's Awakening because I didn't have the patience to wait for a price drop. I felt like a sucker paying full price for an old game, but life goes on :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Go ahead and do that. I'll vote with my wallet. The price increase has negatively impacted both my purchasing habits and my gaming habits. The only $70 game I've purchased was Ratchet and Clank and had I bought it today I'd be getting the same game and experience for less and wouldn't have given up anything really for it.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...ank-rift-apart----playstation-5/11118328.html
I'll let yall handle that $10 since yall like it. Makes no sense for me to be buying these games at inflated prices when really they come back down so fast.

And if you bought in February it would also be the same game and like 30 bucks. Don’t understand your point.

If you don’t like something its well within your right to way for discounts. Like you said, the game isn’t going anywhere so what difference does it make to you. If anything you get a better game the longer you wait to buy it