Was the Xbox One X a failure ?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are most 4K sets out there even good? I genuinely don't know. I've put off the TV purchase till at least next year. I do want 4K/120fps. How much is a good set going to run for that next year. I think this virus is messing the game up for brehs and purchasing plans.
What's "good" is up to what you want in your TV. My current TV is "good" enough for me but to others it's pretty subpar in terms of features. The good TVs with HDMI 2.1 will run around from $1300~$2000+

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Agreed. I saw it mostly as a way to try and shake the Xbox is weaker stigma, and attempting to push sales in a better direction. Alas...

By year three of a generation, the narrative of a console is solidified. This was just for the hardware team to get their ducks in a row to prep for the XSX. It is a throwaway console of sorts. Come to grips with down the pipe AMD tech and try to make profit in the short term.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
By year three of a generation, the narrative of a console is solidified. This was just for the hardware team to get their ducks in a row to prep for the XSX. It is a throwaway console of sorts. Come to grips with down the pipe AMD tech and try to make profit in the short term.
Every console is a trial run for Microsoft. The next one, tho, that’s gonna be the real deal, brehs.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
There's a point to the PS4Pro.. since you know sony's 1st party studios will take advantage of it.

There was no point to the XOX..because microsoft's 1st party studios wouldn't take advantage.. and well their 1st party studio's don't compare to Sony's.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I've really contemplated this question and my answer is no. The Xbox One X was a niche product. It was designed for console owners who wanted the best graphically fidelity. It wasn't made for the masses.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Depends on if you consider the PS4 Pro to be a failure. Both are just hardware updates for the current generation
Exactly

But they’re not going to say this

I have two 1X’s.... couldn’t imagine not owning one.

Still gonna keep it even after the Series X drops in my living room.

1X is the best console I’ve owned so far.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Seeing as this console has already been put out it’s misery...

What was really the purpose of this box ? Did it make any money ? Did it sell ? Will it be forgotten ?
Total disaster.

Like selling a 500 dollar toaster that makes the same toast as the cheap shyt