Was the Xbox One X a failure ?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The Wii u, the atri jaguar, the freaking Philips CD I, the virtual boy, the turbo grafx 16

And there are a ton more, even the Dreamcast is a console failure in comparison to the Xbox.

Stop it man:mjlol:

Dreamcast ranks higher than the Xbox one, I’m not sure what bozo portal you’ve stepped through this time ... but good brother, please find your way out.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dreamcast ranks higher than the Xbox one, I’m not sure what bozo portal you’ve stepped through this time ... but good brother, please find your way out.
Yeah, Dreamcast library is one of the GOAT. Xbox is still in business now only because unlike Sega, Microsoft has unlimited money. That’s pretty much it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

"Ranked" lol....

Dreamcast literally took Sega out of the console biz....they lost like half a Billy. And the unit only sold like 9 million.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'd take the Xbox One over the Dreamcast. I skipped that and just waited for the PlayStation 2. There are several games that have strong followings on that system mostly made by Sega. I remember EA flat out rejected the system.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Kinda odd to call something that sold over a couple million a failure. They turned a self-own into profit. Now, leading into Next-Gen, they have the most powerful console. They just put it through a Hot Chips demonstration last night. The developers of the hardware did their job. It will be the best console to ever be released in relation to the time.

The idea was just to wrest away the power narrative. Like Phil has said, Xbox fans looks forward to being the most powerful. That will be a constant going forward.
Will there ever be a game that takes advantage?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are we talking about from a consumer standpoint or are we pretending we’re execs who care about the “bottom line” ...?

love that console and up until recently it was getting the most play...I have an insane backlog of solid current/BC games that will last me well into next gen...I like that it is truly an all in one system that dominated my media center...adding the kodi app was the icing on the cake for me...that HDMI in port was invaluable too imo...that’s me speaking as a consumer

as a company they fumbled out the gate...as others mentioned they should’ve dropped the X1X out the gate with all its capabilities...I think it would’ve done better sales-wise if it had...also they are ending this gen on kind of a lousy note...I’m not too bothered bcuz I have enough games as it is but from a company standpoint there seems to be very little momentum going into next gen

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Will there ever be a game that takes advantage?

Red Dead Redemption 2 is probably the best for 4K at 30fps. Forza Horizon 4 went 1080p at 60fps for an open world game. FH4 also had a 4K at 30fps mode. These are probably the best 3rd party and 1st party representations.

Red Dead Redemption 2 looks and plays best on Xbox One X

At the top of the stack sits Xbox One X, rendering natively on ultra HD displays and looking magnificent. Taking the runner-up position here is PlayStation 4 Pro, which uses a reconstruction technique - likely checkerboarding - to take a native 1920x2160 framebuffer up to 4K.

Muddying the waters here a touch is the temporal anti-aliasing solution, which seems to interfere with the quality of the reconstructed output, giving a double-width pixel effect that emphasises the original 1920x2160 image, and it is noticeable on a 4K display. While it can't be completely ruled out, we found no evidence at all of dynamic resolution scaling (DRS) on any of the console versions of the game - the pixel counts are locked. Take a look at the screenshot comparisons on this page, and the X advantage is undeniable.

Despite its immediately apparent resolution advantage over PS4 Pro and its massive boost to pixel count over Xbox One S, the X also has a tangible performance advantage over every other version of the game. Red Dead Redemption 2 targets 30 frames per second, frame-pacing is consistent on all platforms, but there's a clear difference in performance in the game's busiest areas, with the enhanced consoles clearly running more smoothly. Once again, top of the pile is Xbox One X. Bar one cutscene that strangely runs slower on X than any other platform, Microsoft's enhanced machine delivers a nigh-on locked 30fps with only very minor dips in performance in the most detailed city areas.

Most games defaulted to this type of breakdown but Rockstar tried to push the XOX here with RDR2.