Was the Xbox One X a failure ?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I kinda agree, I think the One x should have been standard than the gimped One S. I also think White consoles aren't the business and stick to black.

Then Microsoft came out with the discless version smh... they were all over the place.

The really need to take advantage of the controller that's pretty popular and pretty good for FPS games to attract some developers to make good FPS games.
Also, since Microsoft upped the ante to 6 TF only three years ago, they’re now being forced to offer a 12 TF console at that same 499.99 price point, whereas if the One X had never existed they would have been able to get away with 9 or 10 TF like Sony, which would have been a huge jump coming from the One S. Mark my words, Microsoft is going to lose a grip on this console, even though customers will benefit.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Seeing as this console has already been put out it’s misery...

What was really the purpose of this box ? Did it make any money ? Did it sell ? Will it be forgotten ?
It wasn't a failure but at the same time the other consoles of the generation minus the Wii U outshined it.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:They did absolutely nothing to take advantage of it

looking like the same thing will happen this gen

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’ll go down as one of the biggest console failures in history, and goes to show power ain’t everything.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
They should have released it with the One S. Just like they should release the series S with the series X.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Wii u, the atri jaguar, the freaking Philips CD I, the virtual boy, the turbo grafx 16

And there are a ton more, even the Dreamcast is a console failure in comparison to the Xbox.

Stop it man:mjlol:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Kinda odd to call something that sold over a couple million a failure. They turned a self-own into profit. Now, leading into Next-Gen, they have the most powerful console. They just put it through a Hot Chips demonstration last night. The developers of the hardware did their job. It will be the best console to ever be released in relation to the time.

The idea was just to wrest away the power narrative. Like Phil has said, Xbox fans looks forward to being the most powerful. That will be a constant going forward.

Last edited: