Was The Last of us Part II one of the most forgettable games of all time?

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the game was a classic.. killing joel early right after you introduced abby was wack but other then that the game was solid

Daps
yeah true but the subreddit at the time was like 10 times worse than others

usually they tell people to calm down and all that that subreddit was doubling down on the hate they had for the developers
then the whole Joel thing is another story within itself
nikkas still mad about that shyt in 2022:mjlol:
I was only mad at the ending in logic which made me see the game in a different light but the Joel thing drove people insane :mjlol:
Sending death threats over a video game Neil is a sadistic troll :mjlol:
He KNEW exactly what he was doing and THAT's the point, as long as the story is quality and a causality of events, then :yeshrug: was Neil's point
Why should you get what you want? The story being good and events playing out is more important.
Savage Starlight is going to be game of thrones in space:mjlol:
He wanted you to hate him, the game, the whole damn thing, and then abstract from that and ask yourself what do you see?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How are they going to develop the characters if they don't fit into the story until part 2? Joel had to shoot up the hospital for Part 2 to take off. Abby got revenge on only Joel, and left. She could've took care of Tommy and Ellie right there but she spared them. She could've taken care of Ellie and Dina but she spared them, and the 2nd time was because of Lev even though Ellie deserved to die. That's character development, because Abby had nothing to live for after Ellie killed Owen. It's a better story than it gets credit for because it doesnt take the easy or expected path.
And what I'm saying is forcing the audience into the shoes of a character that did that to a character they liked was always going to play out with a backlash. Especially when that character only really existed in the first place to do that.

I didn't really know or care about Abby's father. I spent a whole game with Joel. I empathize with Ellie's reason for revenge. Honestly I would have loved to get to kill Abby as Ellie. Sometimes playing it straight is better.

Their decision blew up so much Laura Bailey was getting death threats and all she did was voice Abby. Way to piss off the fanbase.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
nikkas still mad about that shyt in 2022:mjlol:
I was only mad at the ending in logic which made me see the game in a different light but the Joel thing drove people insane :mjlol:
Sending death threats over a video game Neil is a sadistic troll :mjlol:
He KNEW exactly what he was doing and THAT's the point, as long as the story is quality and a causality of events, then :yeshrug: was Neil's point
Why should you get what you want? The story being good and events playing out is more important.
Savage Starlight is going to be game of thrones in space:mjlol:
He wanted you to hate him, the game, the whole damn thing, and then abstract from that and ask yourself what do you see?
yeah exactly

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
And what I'm saying is forcing the audience into the shoes of a character that did that to a character they liked was always going to play out with a backlash. Especially when that character only really existed in the first place to do that.

I didn't really know or care about Abby's father. I spent a whole game with Joel. I empathize with Ellie's reason for revenge. Honestly I would have loved to get to kill Abby as Ellie. Sometimes playing it straight is better.

Their decision blew up so much Laura Bailey was getting death threats and all she did was voice Abby. Way to piss off the fanbase.

They built it up so that you empathized with that one perspective. It was designed that way so everyone who played part 1 and loved it would be affected in that exact way. Then they carefully made it so Abby doesn't get any further payback the rest of the game. Ellie in Santa Barbara (a part that everyone seems to hate so much) shows that even her heart wasn't in it to kill Abby despite how fukked up she felt about losing Joel. If she killed Abby that doesn't do any justice to the story they were telling the whole time.

And if you send death threats to a voice actress you're a lame straight up. She clearly did her job.

Edit: She did smoke Jesse, a character that had some potential for a future game but it doesn't detract from my point. Abby could've easily ruined Ellie's life after that point if she left her alive to see everyone around her dead.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What a waste of gameplay on that silly story. He need to open source the whole engine so someone can make a true classic.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
They should have made the joe dying part into a QTE in my opinion.
You playing as Abby while Hitting X to hit joe with the golf club.

On some GOW 3.
tumblr_lzph598nHf1qiqurio1_500.gif