was Michael a better Godfather then Vito?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'd go with Michael. I respect Vito but I think Michael had just as much intelligence and gift for strategy, but with the extra skill of knowing when to kill. Michael would put you in a body bag quick and his calculated use of murder saved the family more than once.

Vito made a huge mistake, imo, sending Luca Brasi to spy on Sollozzo which caused a cascade of issues for the family, so that's a big strike against Vito. I don't think Michael made any decisions that bad. What missteps did Michael really make?
It's not that Michael made significant mistakes but Vito gave him critical advice before he died which without Michael could have been led into a trap. Without his dads tutelage he may have not of lasted as long as he did.

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I noticed nobody respected Michael as a Don, his siblings, his enemies, his wife.
They all did some shyt they wouldn't dare do to Vito.
Cause he was a terrible human being. Vito was a family man. Told Michael more than once any man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man. Michael was too cold of a person and didn’t do anything to deserve the love of those around him

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cause he was a terrible human being. Vito was a family man. Told Michael more than once any man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man. Michael was too cold of a person and didn’t do anything to deserve the love of those around him
That was his strength as well as his weakness :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That was his strength as well as his weakness :yeshrug:
He didn’t know how to be balanced. A don should be ruthless but also compassionate and have a heart.

Each of vito’s sons were that balance out of wack. Sonny was too emotional. Fredo was too weak and kind hearted. Michael was too cold. It’s the Goldilocks syndrome

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t know how to be balanced. A don should be ruthless but also compassionate and have a heart.

Each of vito’s sons were that balance out of wack. Sonny was too emotional. Fredo was too weak and kind hearted. Michael was too cold. It’s the Goldilocks syndrome
He was a great businessman though

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Connie would have been the perfect Don but she was a female :no:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Connie would have been the perfect Don but she was a female :no:

Bad choice in husband, sleeping with one guy after another, ignoring her children. What about Connie would have been a good Don?

Still, Tom was the right guy to takeover, lawyer, educated, he could have moved the family to legitimate halls of power that Vito wanted.

I always thought that Michael saw the weakness in Tom and was punishing Tom for going along with the Turk's plan.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad choice in husband, sleeping with one guy after another, ignoring her children. What about Connie would have been a good Don?

I always thought that Michael saw the weakness in Tom and was punishing Tom for going along with the Turk's plan.
I was joking breh