Was Mad Max: Fury Road really THAT good?? :whoo:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Nah it's a mediocre film with great stuntwork, costumes, stunning vehicles and beautiful cinematography.

Max agrees to drive some hoes to an oasis in the desert. When they get there, Max agrees to drive the thots back to whence they came. There's some killing and driving too

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It’s one of the greatest movies I’ve ever seen. :wow:

It’s pure action with incredible cinematography. I usually don’t like films in shot in that color temperature too, but this joint. :lawd:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
George Miller yet again shows us why he's the GOAT. Took a break/hiatus and came back with one of the most visually masterful works I've seen in a a while. There's a reason is was nominated for 10 awards and won 6.....I haven't seen that kind of acting since Shindlers List....except that Fury Road is pure fiction and over-the-top action. The pace is great, the acting superb (even the supporting roles) but what really stands out to me, beyond everything else, is how the story yet again, isn't about Max...this is a story with a passive protagonist, he's not looking for anything, his family gone, eating dog food and pretty much on his last leg...he's pushed by the story (his capture) and he instills bravery in any who meet him. He's basically a living legend because of how he helps another protagonist (Furiosa), one can argue that its really her story, and he's just the best bodyguard in existence.

From the visual (cgi) to the practical...Miller did it again. Came back to a series 30 years later, and obliterated all competition. What can I say? The man is a genius.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
George Miller yet again shows us why he's the GOAT. Took a break/hiatus and came back with one of the most visually masterful works I've seen in a a while. There's a reason is was nominated for 10 awards and won 6.....I haven't seen that kind of acting since Shindlers List....except that Fury Road is pure fiction and over-the-top action. The pace is great, the acting superb (even the supporting roles) but what really stands out to me, beyond everything else, is how the story yet again, isn't about Max...this is a story with a passive protagonist, he's not looking for anything, his family gone, eating dog food and pretty much on his last leg...he's pushed by the story (his capture) and he instills bravery in any who meet him. He's basically a living legend because of how he helps another protagonist (Furiosa), one can argue that its really her story, and he's just the best bodyguard in existence.

From the visual (cgi) to the practical...Miller did it again. Came back to a series 30 years later, and obliterated all competition. What can I say? The man is a genius.

Facts

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Nah it's a mediocre film with great stuntwork, costumes, stunning vehicles and beautiful cinematography.

Max agrees to drive some hoes to an oasis in the desert. When they get there, Max agrees to drive the thots back to whence they came. There's some killing and driving too
bingo! Stunning visual masterpiece with good stunt work but the story and characters were so weak it made me give zero fukks about it. I didn’t give a fukk if that grunting cac and them bytches made it to where they were trying to get to or not. Movie doesn’t make you care IMO it’s like if your not big onto cinematography, stunts and effects than there’s nothing for you. Its like revenant without the revenge plot to draw you in and make you root for Leo. All you would be doing is admiring some scenery and effects from the bear and Native American attacks. To each there own tho and like I said for those cinema heads who love cinematography, edits, effects etc, maybe that’s enough to keep u invested in the movie and even make it one of your goats because as far as films go it is very beautiful. Me personally..... I’d rather watch blade runner 2049 which as someone mentioned before is a similar movie in how it throws the viewer straight into this “world” but the cinematography and beautiful effects of this “world” overshadow the actual going ons of the film itself. But 2049 atleast makes me more invested in the protagonist and side characters. Made me feel like I had to see the ending while mad max makes me personally feel like after the chase is over I can cut the movie off as I don’t give a fukk about the ending or what happened to anyone....once ahaim this is just my opinion

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No. It's visually appealing, but very empty story wise. It was one of those movies you had to see in the theaters. I haven't watched it since.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's been years and people still kill me with the "The plot is basic, there is no story, yada yada" stuff. Miller is the king of "show, don't tell" and Mad Max has been living by that credo since the opening scene of The Road Warrior, one of the greatest scenes of visual storytelling in all of cinema.

I should dig up one of my lengthy titangraphs from the past but there's so much story being told in the details of Fury Road it really turns it into an art form. It is a blueprint for storytellers everywhere how to do world building correctly.