Was Mad Max: Fury Road really THAT good?? :whoo:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Saw @jmegamar & @HHR talking about it in the Mission impossible thread and it had me like :ohhh: Then I googled it and saw that it had a 97% on RT :ohsnap:

Did I play myself by sleeping on this? Should I cop in 4K? Worth it? :lupe:

Movie is dope as hell but go into it with the proper expectations. It's not super plot heavy....it's basically a 2 hour action sequence.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fast and furious my favorite franchise so fukk a plot :mjlit:

Nah the FF movies have plenty of plot. Plenty. Whether it all makes sense is a different discussion lol.

Fury road has a basic story since it’s a chase movie. They need to get from point A to point B before they get caught and the plot is pretty simple in how that all unfolds. It’s not over complicated but that’s not a bad thing

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah the FF movies have plenty of plot. Plenty. Whether it all makes sense is a different discussion lol.

Fury road has a basic story since it’s a chase movie. They need to get from point A to point B before they get caught and the plot is pretty simple in how that all unfolds. It’s not over complicated but that’s not a bad thing
Yeah they do have plots, shoulda said action sequences >>>>>plots

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah they do have plots, shoulda said action sequences >>>>>plots

Yeah most def. fury road won’t bog you down in plot because it’s straightforward. Not a lot of twists and turns and complications. The fact that it’s all practical and all of the character work is accomplished through action and the exposition that’s given is also given through action, works in its favors. Much like Cameron did with terminator 1 and 2, George miller knows the best way to do exposition is in the middle of an action scene :russ:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The entire movie is a chase sequence. This movie is a classic in the sense that it can be compared to a silent film movie of which some films consisted of just the chase. As a film major I've seen old black n white movies like that and in my opinion, Mad Max is like those films but on crack.

No arguments or long monologues needed in this film.

The script wouldn't even get greenlighted in Hollywood.

It had to be self-greenlighted because the actions itself is the script and can only be produced by a visionary director who already knows what's going on because most of the movies direction was in his head and not on paper.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
giphy.gif

:blessed: