Was i the only one that stopped watching Family Matters once it turned into the Steve Urkel show?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Definitely. That was it.
For real? Oh right Steve goes to space, something happens, Steve saves the crew, and Carl is like THATS MY SON IN LAW!!! or some shyt right? And then he and Laura get married.

I also remember another episode where they in court and dude uses computer graphics to change a crime scene and frame someone and Steve spots that shyt. I’ve been thinking of that episode so much with the rise of AI and image generation. I have this feeling someone will frame someone or something and use AI to generate the proof.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Probably since that's when the show blew up
They said it was about to get cancelled before that
Something similar happened with 227 and Jackie. Jackie actually got a spin off show but it flopped. I think family matters came out after 227 so they probably peeped that and kept Urkel on family matters and just centered the show around him

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real? Oh right Steve goes to space, something happens, Steve saves the crew, and Carl is like THATS MY SON IN LAW!!! or some shyt right? And then he and Laura get married.

I also remember another episode where they in court and dude uses computer graphics to change a crime scene and frame someone and Steve spots that shyt. I’ve been thinking of that episode so much with the rise of AI and image generation. I have this feeling someone will frame someone or something and use AI to generate the proof.
They were supposed to have the wedding the next season but for some reason they got cancelled :russ:.

Its funny how that was a far fetched futuristic concept then and now its a thing.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The first Stephon Ur-kel episode could've been the finale for the show. It's pretty forgettable after that. Like that could've been Steve's final arc, he chose not to be cool because that wasn't who he was.

They jumped out the window with the urkel bot, time travel, Steve and Stephon. Show is one of the worst aging shows ever...

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably since that's when the show blew up
They said it was about to get cancelled before that
Something similar happened with 227 and Jackie. Jackie actually got a spin off show but it flopped. I think family matters came out after 227 so they probably peeped that and kept Urkel on family matters and just centered the show around him
FM did come out after but I dont think they inspired that. The breakout character taking over a show been a thing (see: The Fonz). The show was headed to the graveyard. They had to ride the Urkel wave or it was a wrap.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first Stephon Ur-kel episode could've been the finale for the show. It's pretty forgettable after that. Like that could've been Steve's final arc, he chose not to be cool because that wasn't who he was.

They jumped out the window with the urkel bot, time travel, Steve and Stephon. Show is one of the worst aging shows ever...
Funny thing is the cartoon shyt started pretty early. People usually only associate it with the later years but we had Urkel Bot in season 2. Homey made a jet pack and flew to Wisconsin (by mistake :mjlol:) at the beginning of season 3. And they were still tryna be a legit show. So you would have Laura protesting for a black history class one week and then Urkelbot fighting crime or...dancing with Laurabot the next. And no one batted an eye.