Was i the only one that stopped watching Family Matters once it turned into the Steve Urkel show?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jalel White had a really big ego, but the snow wouldn’t have lasted past two seasons without him.
Hell the show was about to be canceled in season 1 before urkel...the pre urkel eps were not too memorable outside of the rappin Winslows lol

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
First of all, the theme music is so trash. It just primes you for a mid show. FM is supposed to be a black show…where the bass and funk???

Jalel White had a really big ego, but the show wouldn’t have lasted past two seasons without him. The storylines were cringey and the characters were boring and uninteresting outside of Urkel. The black full house.

All sitcoms age badly. Even the goats. The last season of Martin was unwatchable. So it’s not surprising FM aged like sour cream towards the end.

Plus it was ridiculous having a grown man act like some spazzy 13 year old, who had an unrequited crush going on 10 years.
n all the sonofabytch had to do was ... nasonex get some claritin and contacts and change his clothes...

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Jaleel White had an ego but can you blame him. That show gets cancelled without him he is reason for the show making it to syndication. The show was suppose to be like The Cosby Show but writers had a vision and boom here we are. Imo The show peaked once he turned into Stefan,that was creative you have to admit. But adding Waldo,Weasel and Myrtle Urkel stuff nah.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Jaleel White had an ego but can you blame him. That show gets cancelled without him he is reason for the show making it to syndication. The show was suppose to be like The Cosby Show but writers had a vision and boom here we are. Imo The show peaked once he turned into Stefan,that was creative you have to admit. But adding Waldo,Weasel and Myrtle Urkel stuff nah.
when they made em myrtle ... he cried to his parents n became evil urkel.. was out to fukk any winslow that moved even eddie

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
show aged like milk,

loved it when i was a kid though
Thats who it was written for. Once I got into middle school I was done. Started rewatching with my kids in recent years and they love it. Then it dawned on me...this shyt is a live action cartoon. And its fun as an adult to watch it with them and see how amused they are by the foolishness. Was it Cosby? No. Was it downright :wtf: at times? Yes. But the reality is that show doesnt make it to the 90s without Steve. It went off the rails, no doubt but if you look back a lot of sitcoms did.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
last thing i remembered from watching in real time was they made Stefan a real person, separate from Steve....i revisited years later and found out Laura left Stefan for Steve...i was lost as shyt

its a fun watch tho....lighthearted, comfort show shyt :manny: