Was i the only one that stopped watching Family Matters once it turned into the Steve Urkel show?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Thats who it was written for. Once I got into middle school I was done. Started rewatching with my kids in recent years and they love it. Then it dawned on me...this shyt is a live action cartoon. And its fun as an adult to watch it with them and see how amused they are by the foolishness. Was it Cosby? No. Was it downright :wtf: at times? Yes. But the reality is that show doesnt make it to the 90s without Steve. It went off the rails, no doubt but if you look back a lot of sitcoms did.
There are still alot of kids shows and kids movies i watched as a kid that i still like today.
Still like all them Corey Feldman movies from back in the day, Stand by me, Lost boys, Goonies etc.
Still like the Xmen cartoons, but some shyt just isn't very good in retrospect. This was one of those shows.
I binged the cosby show 6 years ago and still enjoyed it like the first time.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are still alot of kids shows and kids movies i watched as a kid that i still like today.
Still like all them Corey Feldman movies from back in the day, Stand by me, Lost boys, Goonies etc.
Still like the Xmen cartoons, but some shyt just isn't very good in retrospect. This was one of those shows.
I binged the cosby show 6 years ago and still enjoyed it like the first time.
And I am confident there are plenty you dont still like. And that list probably gets even bigger if you account for nostalgia. Point is they werent tryna be cutting edge or GOAT, they was just tryna stay on the air. Basically becoming a cartoon did that it also took away the appeal for more mature viewers :manny:.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s only one man I know that willingly watches Blossom and he identifies as a communist
barack-obama-obama.gif