Was i the only one that stopped watching Family Matters once it turned into the Steve Urkel show?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Bernie Mac Show got better as the as the show progressed. I think that it didn’t hit with some, because folks were expecting the over the top, raw, scene-stealing Bernie full time, and the show was not as edgy as the classic comedy bit that it was based on (which we know had to be cleaned up for a mainstream cable family sitcom).

With that said, Without including any of the classics, I would rewatch The Bernie Mac Show, Moesha, The Wayans Bros, The Steve Harvey Show easily before Family Matters :hubie: .

Everybody Hates Chris was probably the last good-great black sitcom, IMO

Are we talking about family centric? Because ironically Abbot is really good

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Urkel and Bart Simpson was the most popular mofos early 90s, lol.

Family Matters was part of TGIF...it was kids/family type of show and in that type of block.

Can't really compare it to Martin, NY undercover, Living single etc. Those fox shows Wasn't made for that audience of kids first....kids just happened to watch it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No lie the bruce lee urkel episodes hit lol

Yeah, i fukked with bruce lee urkle

Steve Urkel As Bruce Lee Compilation | Family Matters Compilation

We were starting to get into Martin territory with the bits. :pachaha:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
A lot of revisionist history. Show was very popular in it's time, had to be if it lasted that long. I do agree the latter seasons sucked though. Also I skimmed through the thread and I didn't see any mention of Myra(Michelle Thomas, RIP) smh. She was definitely>>>>Laura.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I grew up in that time and I'm surprised how many ppl profess to love it.

I hated the show.

It was Fresh Prince, Jamie Foxx, a lil bit of Steve Harvey's show, the Wayans, Kenan & Kel, for me.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of revisionist history. Show was very popular in it's time, had to be if it lasted that long. I do agree the latter seasons sucked though. Also I skimmed through the thread and I didn't see any mention of Myra(Michelle Thomas, RIP) smh. She was definitely>>>>Laura.

That was very popular opinion back then. Chick oozed sex appeal :ohlawd:

Made Laura look basic :francis:

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
I stopped watching when that one daughter went upstairs never to be seen again... Eddie Winslow killed that little girl.

It's not right.. like Dr. Huxtable having a goddamn OB/GYN in his basement performing pap smears and nobody batted an eye.

Sick and unnatural.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness

See…I was trying not to go off. But errtime I think I’m out, y’all keep pulling me back in.

Aint no way Laura was going to fukken Harvard.
She saw how they had no bread for Eddie to go to school - yet he had no b-ball scholarship (even though he apparently was good, and Chicago is a recruiting hotbed), and they didn’t let him get no show bread touring with Shanice or Tracie Spencer. He had to grit working at (please don’t make me say this)…

Mighty Weenie.

Sheeit.

Why didn’t Laura ever get a job??