Warner Bros say Suicide Squad fell short of their expectations

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
And people will lose their jobs.

Gaming is a business that rakes in over 200BILLION a year. Actors and writers are unionized. Why are developers not? There's data showing that the average unionized worker makes more than their non-union counterpart.

If your studio is worker owned or unionized you don't end up in situations like this. The bosses give you enough time and enough coverage to really think about the games and fine tune them. The bosses at warner brothers obviously thought that they could just make a fortnite style shooter with valuable IP and that should be enough to make money. They weren't thinking "let's make the best game we can using this valuable intellectual property" they thought "lets make an average game and our IP should be enough to do all the heavy lifting and rake in more dollars than we spent on development".

You're going to keep seeing shyt like this from "AAA" studios, and you'll have the best people in the studio leaving to go and start their own thing. With all the layoffs in tech, it won't be hard for them to find people to join their new teams.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
The 4 characters are pretty good, on par with the GOTG game. But the game is a mess, I can’t even do 4 missions straight without getting a server error where you have to shut off the game and restart. This happens every time. They also butchered the ending in the name of live service. The main villain dies but there are 13 of them for 13 seasons :skip:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The 4 characters are pretty good, on par with the GOTG game. But the game is a mess, I can’t even do 4 missions straight without getting a server error where you have to shut off the game and restart. This happens every time. They also butchered the ending in the name of live service. The main villain dies but there are 13 of them for 13 seasons :skip:
Graphics.png
:mjcry:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
People wanted a Justice League game, a Superman game, Flash, Wonder Women, hell they probably asked for Green Lantern or Aquaman game. WB don't realize that unless there's actual interest in a franchise, there's no guarantee that it'll do well.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you that surprised? Can't say I'm surprised.

After seeing the comparison of Batman games to Suicide Squad gameplay. Holy shyt.....Suicide Squad is fukking horrible and the graphics downgraded AF especially on next-gen (PS5/XSX) the Batman games were on PS3/Xbox 360. shytty on Suicide Squad.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
They've been trying to make the 'Suicide Squad' a thing for years and I couldn't have cared less. I have no idea why they keep trying to force a square peg through a round hole, & then have the nerve to be dismayed and disappointed when it doesn't work. :skip: