Warner Bros say Suicide Squad fell short of their expectations

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean, we talk every day about big publishers needing to get that live service/GaaS money because of development costs and so that funding SP games can be financially feasible. I don't have a problem with WB trying to do that using their intellectual properties.

I do have an issue with them destroying what they built across the Arkham Asylum games, though. Who thought it was a good idea to kill off the Batman from a beloved series of games?

I can’t wait for the sinister four game where screwball shoots spider-man in the head

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I truly believe if they kept it single player it woulda had the usual Rocksteady magic. But as always execs/suits fukk shyt up. And the only ones that suffer longterm is Rocksteady's devs. Ruined their rep just like dat.

It would've been better no doubt. The streets wanted that Justice League, Supes, or Batman Beyond though.

The fact that Knight still looks and plays better, despite being like a decade older, tells me that many of the devs from the Arkham days were probably not even involved

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It would've been better no doubt. The streets wanted that Justice League, Supes, or Batman Beyond though.

The fact that Knight still looks and plays better, despite being like a decade older, tells me that many of the devs from the Arkham days were probably not even involved

They weren’t
They were living off the nikkas who actually did the Arkham work’s name anyway. This ain’t the Rocksteady you knew. fukk their rep

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Rocksteady has access to DC’s most iconic superheroes. That all have unique powers, abilities, and ways of traversal. But they decided to make a game out of a bunch of C-listers. That shoot guns and is a GAAS smh, I hope this game fails idgaf. Imagine insomniac making a game about The Wall killing Spider-Man. Instead of some dope shyt like a X-men game lol.
l9_bQov6e1JhH4y50P7J1G2BOvY0l8p_rzuTPh-zbH0.jpg

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:Rocksteady has access to DC’s most iconic heroes. That all have unique powers, abilities, and ways of traversal. But they decided to make a game out of a bunch of C-listers. That shoot guns and is a GAAS smh, I hope this game fails idgaf. Imagine insomniac making a game about The Wall killing Spider-Man. Instead of some dope shyt like a X-men game lol.
l9_bQov6e1JhH4y50P7J1G2BOvY0l8p_rzuTPh-zbH0.jpg

:dead: at everything about this.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
You know what wouldve been a better idea for a shooter with DC characters? A Battle Royale in Gotham city featuring all of Batmans rogues and henchmen, and the map closes in on you with Batman/Nightwing/Red Hood etc beating the dog shyt out the players outside the boundaries. Then you wouldve had new characters, weapons and skins based off classic comics like Long Halloween

I literally just made this up and its a better idea than having HARLEY fukking Quinn star in a game where she kills the WHOLE JUSTICE LEAGUE AND BRAINIAC :pacspit:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Lets make a game where a bunch of lame characters kill all the cool characters brehs
Fukk batman, people want jetpack flying sharks so they can literally jump the shark... with a shark:skip:

This has always been the problem with Suicide Squad.

D-List villains carried by two B villains (Harley/Deadshot)

Rest are literal jobbers/jokes/no one gives a fukk.

Then they have the gall to have these characters fighting A-list heroes and getting wins/killing them. :dead:

Have them punching up when they've never been about that type of life.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has always been the problem with Suicide Squad.

D-List villains carried by two B villains (Harley/Deadshot)

Rest are literal jobbers/jokes/no one gives a fukk.

Then they have the gall to have these characters fighting A-list heroes and getting wins/killing them. :dead:

Have them punching up when they've never been about that type of life.

The thing is, it works as a comic premise, because they don't go heads up with the fukking Justice League.

If they're just running some random mission that the other several DC heroes or their teams can't get involved with for whatever reason, it makes sense. The balance between mission that's clearly meant to fail and something they might be able to pull off works, the implied situation where some of them might die is believable, and the rare occasion where I e of the heroes DOES show up, there's weight to it.

But even if you're convinced that legitimately having mostly B tier villains murk out the entire Justice League and 13 versions (:mjlol: ) of an actual A tier villain absolutely must happen, it can't just end up being "Shoot 'em a bunch of times :yeshrug: "

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should’ve went went with a JLA game instead and no live service. Good I’m glad this shyt failed.

Instead of trying to boost no name comics they should’ve went with the real draw of DC and that’s the Justice League, this idea to put the SS upfront is soooo fukkin lame

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Should've just cut their losses and made Gotham Knights their GAAS and scrapped this. No need for two flops back to back.