Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
200.gif

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Nobody asked for a Suicide Squad game, that IP is not the wave that execs seem to think it is

Nobody asked to transition from single-player adventures to live service

"Let's combine them and give the people both, no way it won't bomb :krs:"

This shyt played out exactly like the Saints Row reboot, in terms of a company doubling down on a direction nobody wanted and dying a slow death everyone saw coming

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nobody asked for a Suicide Squad game, that IP is not the wave that execs seem to think it is

Nobody asked to transition from single-player adventures to live service

"Let's combine them and give the people both, no way it won't bomb :krs:"

I truly believe if they kept it single player it woulda had the usual Rocksteady magic. But as always execs/suits fukk shyt up. And the only ones that suffer longterm is Rocksteady's devs. Ruined their rep just like dat.

Daps
I mean, we talk every day about big publishers needing to get that live service/GaaS money because of development costs and so that funding SP games can be financially feasible. I don't have a problem with WB trying to do that using their intellectual properties.

I do have an issue with them destroying what they built across the Arkham Asylum games, though. Who thought it was a good idea to kill off the Batman from a beloved series of games?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I truly believe if they kept it single player it woulda had the usual Rocksteady magic. But as always execs/suits fukk shyt up. And the only ones that suffer longterm is Rocksteady's devs. Ruined their rep just like dat.
They were living off the nikkas who actually did the Arkham work’s name anyway. This ain’t the Rocksteady you knew. fukk their rep