Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
People said the same things about final Fantasy and it bombed. And they are both $100 million + movies.

Reviews don't mean shyt to the average moviegoer.
The thing it does have going for it is geekdom has gone mainstream and we live in a post LOTR and Hobbit and Game of thrones world. But I'm getting deja vu.

We'll see

We are also living in a world that has a Marvel movie universe, geeks rule the world right now. They didn't do that when Final Fantasy came it out, its cool to be a nerd right now

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
So? That name ony means something to cinephiles. The average person has no clue who he is. I enjoyed Moon and Source code, but its not like they made tons of money. I don't think anyone outside die hard gamers will care about this film.

Maybe the international market will save it but i dont see it doing well domestically
Oh I thought you meant like it would be a bad film. But if we talking box office, I still disagree. World of Warcraft is (or was) fukking massive. And we're talking about a real movie studio backing this shyt, with real actors. They're gonna advertise the shyt out of it, it's too big to fail. The hype is gonna be crazy.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
We are also living in a world that has a Marvel movie universe, geeks rule the world right now. They didn't do that when Final Fantasy came it out, its cool to be a nerd right now
fukking everything that was niche when we were kids went mainstream. From sneakers to videogames to comics :francis:

@MartyMcFly how will this perform at tbe box office?

StraxStrax

Daps
Me either. Ill put up coli cash on this bombing though. I have no desire to see it

Even if I didn't like Warcraft I'd see just because its Duncan Jones

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
i don't see any chance of this movie bombing unless it's straight super mario status.

the warcraft franchise been around for over 20 years. wow's been out for more than 10. and it's still got millions of people paying $15 a month to play it. nobody playing the game right now is going to miss out on the movie. anybody who has put in hours into this game is going to go see it. this is going to be nerd christmas for millions and millions of people.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Domestic or international
both. internet is gonna crash as soon as a real trailer is released. Blizzard delayed the movie for years making sure the script was good, vetoed the script Sam Raimi wrote saying that it was not up to their quality standards (he went on to direct Oz: The great and powerful :scust:) and then they hired Duncan Jones to direct. Warcraft lore is actually cool as fukk and they have an insane amount of backstory and sidestories that they can tell, I can almost guarantee you Blizzard is going to turn this into the next big film franchise. With the number of warcraft fans out there, this movie is gonna be huge.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
both. internet is gonna crash as soon as a real trailer is released. Blizzard delayed the movie for years making sure the script was good, vetoed the script Sam Raimi wrote saying that it was not up to their quality standards (he went on to direct Oz: The great and powerful :scust:) and then they hired Duncan Jones to direct. Warcraft lore is actually cool as fukk and they have an insane amount of backstory and sidestories that they can tell, I can almost guarantee you Blizzard is going to turn this into the next big film franchise. With the number of warcraft fans out there, this movie is gonna be huge.
I bet execs in 01 were like "this movie gonna be huge. There's been 10 final fantasy games. We cakin we eatin we winnin :smugdraper:"

Die hards in anything make up a small percentage. They will need to pull in the casuals for it to do the 500 million @StraxStrax is talking.

I think duncan jones stanning is clouding judgment :sas2:

StraxStrax

Daps
I bet execs in 01 were like "this movie gonna be huge. There's been 10 final fantasy games. We cakin we eatin we winnin :smugdraper:"

Die hards in anything make up a small percentage. They will need to pull in the casuals for it to do the 500 million @StraxStrax is talking.

If the public flocks to shyt like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes I see no reason why won't flock to this.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

this movie isn't handled by studio execs, blizzard has full control over the entirety of the movie 99% of world of warcraft players would be described as casuals (10+ million) not including people who used to play but don't anymore (me). One thing about blizzard is they consistently put out high quality products. You really gonna doubt the son of David Bowie da gawd???? :scust: