Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I need to read more on it.
Like are the horde characters going to be cgi or in full on costume and makeup.
Big time bump but fukk it.

Saw this picture the other day

warcraft-sdcc-characters2.jpg

Looks like its gonna be CGI for some characters, and makeup/costume for others. Avatar performance capture CGI style.

I think it's looking really good.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is gonna flop hard. Word to the final Fantasy movie

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Why you think that? Duncan Jones is co-writing and directing it, and the production values looks really high level. The Final Fantasy movie, wasnt that just made by Square or some shyt, aka a studio that doesnt make movies?

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
They really should have released this back when WOTLK came out. Well...we shall see how it turns out.
I'm already prepared for the LOTR comparisons (since that is what the damn game was made to interpret anyway).

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why you think that? Duncan Jones is co-writing and directing it, and the production values looks really high level. The Final Fantasy movie, wasnt that just made by Square or some shyt, aka a studio that doesnt make movies?
So? That name ony means something to cinephiles. The average person has no clue who he is. I enjoyed Moon and Source code, but its not like they made tons of money. I don't think anyone outside die hard gamers will care about this film.

Maybe the international market will save it but i dont see it doing well domestically

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

So? That name ony means something to cinephiles. The average person has no clue who he is. I enjoyed Moon and Source code, but its not like they made tons of money. I don't think anyone outside die hard gamers will care about this film.

Maybe the international market will save it but i dont see it doing well domestically

It being a Duncan Jones movie makes it possible for it to be a fantastic film and if gets at least decent reviews it will do well. This is a movie based on one of the most popular games in the last 10 years and has been there during the entire time. Old gamers with families are gonna flock to this thing and take the fam with. Its a 400-500 millz at the box office. It's gonna do 50 millz in Korea alone

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It being a Duncan Jones movie makes it possible for it to be a fantastic film and if gets at least decent reviews it will do well. This is a movie based on one of the most popular games in the last 10 years and has been there during the entire time. Old gamers with families are gonna flock to this thing and take the fam with. Its a 400-500 millz at the box office. It's gonna do 50 millz in Korea alone
People said the same things about final Fantasy and it bombed. And they are both $100 million + movies.

Reviews don't mean shyt to the average moviegoer.
The thing it does have going for it is geekdom has gone mainstream and we live in a post LOTR and Hobbit and Game of thrones world. But I'm getting deja vu.

We'll see