WaPo Columnist Jamal Khashoggi killed by Saudis in Turkey; Senators Mull Magnitsky Sanctions

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I feel like the American media is going to head into hyperspeed over this.
Hey
They all see themselves as part of the story and that’s gonna bring an even greater scrutiny on Trump.

The only question is whether their corporate masters will allow them

And also why does Turkey have all this evidence? I really think that aspect is undercovered by the media.

This is one of the craziest stories ever.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Hey
They all see themselves as part of the story and that’s gonna bring an even greater scrutiny on Trump.

And also why does Turkey have all this evidence? I really think that aspect is undercovered by the media.

Alot of Saudi dissidents live in Turkey. Turkey more than likely bugged the consulate. Probably extorting MBS as we speak.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Brah, safe to say things are a bit worse than we imagined if Turkey has audio and video inside their embassy....

Amirite?
This is going to be the underappreciated point of this thing.

Turkey had mics and cameras inside their embassy. How many other embassies do they have mics and cameras?

Hey

Alot of Saudi dissidents live in Turkey. Turkey more than likely bugged the consulate. Probably extorting MBS as we speak.

Ya'all missing @Call Me James post. Turkey doesn't need to unveil secret bugging (no way they would burn that source for a journalist, the evidence came from his own watch. Which suggests some REAL poor craft there.

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Lol that was just a random link i found to back up the things i heard earlier on cnn that the reports regarding the recording might be fake(i do hope they are true) :hubie:

Upon noticing the watch, Sabah reports, Khashoggi's assailants tried to unlock the Apple Watch with multiple password attempts, ultimately using Khashoggi's fingerprint to unlock the smart watch. They were successful in deleting only some of the files, Sabah reported.

However, on its website, Apple does not list fingerprint verification as one of the Apple Watch's capabilities. A representative from the company confirmed to CNN the watches do not have the feature.

It was not immediately clear whether it would have been technically feasible for Khashoggi's Apple Watch to transfer audio to his phone, which he had given to his fiancée before entering the consulate

Turkish paper reports: Saudi journalist's watch may have transmitted evidence of his death - CNN

Last edited: