Waiting To Play Cyberpunk Sometime In 2021 Appreciation Thread

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
what money?
no one is buying the basura versions anymore and people are asking for refunds
they had the audacity to release the shytty last gen versions as if people wouldn't feel some type of way
all there money will be made from PC and PS5/XSX once their next gen versions release
Or people are going to buy the x1/ps4 versions and not open the game until their free next gen upgrade comes
CDPR fukked up

I hear that refund shyt is sketchy lol

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
i can't speak for other pc brehs but i'm eatin good. have yet to come across anything gamebreaking :ahh: and when i get this 3080 ti or 3090 things will be even better :ohlawd:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hear that refund shyt is sketchy lol

it is...I’ve read that sony has even doubled down on their no refunds policy if you download it...before it was just the chat reps that were denying refunds...now it’s the call-in customer reps too...to add insult to injury it seems like they were blindsided by CDPR’s “apology” and probably feel no obligation to honor the refunds...at the end of the day it’s not CDPR’s call to make

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It should have NEVER been built for current gen. It should have been built as a next-gen exclusive.

CDPR completely, and totally, misled consumers by never showing any of the current gen, then they sent chairs, jackets and all sorts of b.s. to reviewers who are not even real journalists most of the time who in complete fanboy mode never even BOTHERED to ask "uhm.. what about the PS4, Xbox One version?" too busy feeling important and special for having an early build and a "connection with CDPR".

This lead to a HUGELY inflated Metacritic number, which lead to loads of sales. And CDPR knew most people will buy it on current gen.

It's REALLY hard to support a studio like that brehs.

Read this shyt

YgwH1Ry.png
Considering their track record, many (myself included), are gonna be willing to give them a pass. There are only a few huge game studios trying to push the status quo. Poor execution here, but the gaming community was applying pressure for all the pushbacks. Shouldve just released the PC version and delayed the other until they had it tight.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Get a pc and enjoy it today:yeshrug:

Am i doing it right? Aint that what ps5 and xsx users are telling ps4 and xbone players? To just buy new stuff?:yeshrug:

let me throw in calling people broke boys or tellin them they lost. Thats how this section operates, right?

i don't think its a farfetched idea to assume if you want the best gaming experience you need better hardware. :yeshrug:

you ain't gonna play the latest an greatest in gaming on technology that dropped in the beginning of last decade.:yeshrug:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
It amazes me that GTA V can run how it does on PS4 but this game is having so much trouble.

Maybe im ignorant to the scale here but GTA has alot of stuff to do in it and for the most part it looks pretty damn good, is Cyberpunk that much bigger :dwillhuh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It should have NEVER been built for current gen. It should have been built as a next-gen exclusive.

CDPR completely, and totally, misled consumers by never showing any of the current gen, then they sent chairs, jackets and all sorts of b.s. to reviewers who are not even real journalists most of the time who in complete fanboy mode never even BOTHERED to ask "uhm.. what about the PS4, Xbox One version?" too busy feeling important and special for having an early build and a "connection with CDPR".

This lead to a HUGELY inflated Metacritic number, which lead to loads of sales. And CDPR knew most people will buy it on current gen.

It's REALLY hard to support a studio like that brehs.

Read this shyt

YgwH1Ry.png

What's going to be interesting is seeing how the media handles them going forward. It feels like higher ups thought they could pull a Rockstar and tell the media they can take what they get and like it. CDPR doesn't have that kind of weight to throw around like that yet.

what money?
no one is buying the basura versions anymore and people are asking for refunds
they had the audacity to release the shytty last gen versions as if people wouldn't feel some type of way
all there money will be made from PC and PS5/XSX once their next gen versions release
Or people are going to buy the x1/ps4 versions and not open the game until their free next gen upgrade comes
CDPR fukked up

If people are INCREDIBLY lucky, maybe half the people that bought on XB1/PS4 that want a refund are actually going to get one. And I think that might be an incredibly generous estimate. They fukked up, but not on the scale you'd think.

And despite what they may be saying online, most of the people saying they want a refund or refusing to buy are probably going to buy when they their hands on a better platform to play on, on some "I have a PS5, and I heard they made good on their promises" shyt.

Daps
What's going to be interesting is seeing how the media handles them going forward. It feels like higher ups thought they could pull a Rockstar and tell the media they can take what they get and like it. CDPR doesn't have that kind of weight to throw around like that yet.

If people are INCREDIBLY lucky, maybe half the people that bought on XB1/PS4 that want a refund are actually going to get one. And I think that might be an incredibly generous estimate. They fukked up, but not on the scale you'd think.

And despite what they may be saying online, most of the people saying they want a refund or refusing to buy are probably going to buy when they their hands on a better platform to play on, on some "I have a PS5, and I heard they made good on their promises" shyt.
not necessarily
CDPR's reputation has been damaged for many

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It amazes me that GTA V can run how it does on PS4 but this game is having so much trouble.

Maybe im ignorant to the scale here but GTA has alot of stuff to do in it and for the most part it looks pretty damn good, is Cyberpunk that much bigger :dwillhuh:

Compare GTAV with the PC edition of cyberpunk 2077....it really isn’t even in the same ballpark

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Can play on google stadia rn and get the proper experience :sas2:
.....MAAAAAAN LISTEN.

Based on YOUR post in this forum (the one talmbout how Stadia is coming to iOS), I signed up for Stadia about two hours ago. I'm a Google One member, so they gave me a 3-month trial and $10 towards any game.

As I said in the other thread, I don't have a gaming laptop, just an Acer Aspire 5 (15"). But I've sampled MANY of the free games on here so far (just restarted Hitman), and MAN this whole setup is GLORIOUS. THEN I read your post and went ahead and peeped Cyberpunk on here...and WORD LIFE, this jawn looks INCREDIBLE.

See, I preordered Cyberpunk 2077 looooong ago, when the game was first announced, before all the delays. It was delivered last week (I have a PS4 Pro).

I still have not taken the game out of the plastic, in part because of all the issues that have been reported, but more so because I bought the game as a Christmas present to myself that I wanted to unwrap and play on Christmas Day, since at that point I will then be off until New Year's and can devote more time to playing it and getting deeply immersed in it.

So with all these reports coming out about how poorly the game looks and plays on LastGen consoles - COUPLED with the fact that the game looks amazing on Stadia, even on MY laptop - I actually have the luxury of WAITING to open the PS4 physical copy until they fix all the bugs and such, or I could trade it in and get something else...

But the POINT is....yeah, Stadia for the (secondary) win. I slept HARD.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm glad I waited. I knew something was up. Just have to avoid major spoilers until the real version is out. OTOH, if Halo is out by then, and Destiny is still popping then, I might just pass.:francis:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Play on shytty consoles you get shytty performance. :mjlol:

Be broke brehs. :mjlol:
Dawg, people WITH MONEY (me included) can't even FIND a PS5 right now. At this point, it's not about people being broke so much as it is about Sony underestimating how well that jawn would sell. There's no excuse for them not to make enough units, especially when they KNEW Christmas was right around the corner. One European site said that if you order now, you'll probably get it by MARCH 3rd or 4th of 2021. Kinda crap is THAT? :heh: