Wait….why is Kamala’s “BLACKNESS” questioned and OBAMA got a pass?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Obama didn't really get a pass. Initially people were questioning his blackness. Most black people didn't support him when he first started running.
Sure but he’s got a point. It wasn’t to this degree. Once Obama has his momentum going people were all for him. No one was questioning if he was black in a wide spread manner the way they’re doing Kamala.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Good point.

I forgot about Michelle and his kids.

But still it’s like the harder Kamala tries to be “black” the more people call her out

It’s crazy how we never get a presidential candidate with actual descendants of slaves in USA but they get branded as it :banderas:
Who ever claimed Obama and Kamala were ADOS?! Obama not being ADOS was a big attack point against him by the birthers/tea party/MAGA/etc. Also this country has had ADOS who ran for president on major political parties (Jackson twice in the 80s, Sharpton in '04, and Caine in 2012)

that guy

Superstar
Daps
How are we defining "white" and "Black" ?

And who is doing the defining, Africans or ADOS???
The definition of blackness is irrelevant, but in this case most people claim Kamala is black using the one drop rule. If we’re using the one drop rule, kamala can’t be Asian and black. She would just be black. The same reason Obama can’t be white and black. You don’t see Obama one day saying “I’m white” and then the next day saying “I’m black”

Obama has always said he’s black.
Kamala said she’s Asian.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The revisionist history some of y’all have.

I believe the real problem with Obama was if he’s “Muslim” or not :lolbron:

Nobody questioned his “black” identity. It was his religious identity which was ambiguous

Ironically he knew to join a “black” church :ehh:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
People like this should not be allowed in these types of discussions
Why? So you can troll and spread misinformation and propaganda? On top of me, speaking from a place of genuine thoughts and intellect and not being a gullible or easily susceptible fool (while encouraging others not to be) who just believes anything posted.

You're very likely not even Black yet all up in these conversations...you shouldn't be allowed in these discussions until verified; luckily for you and some of your other fellow trolls and propagandists, if I were a moderator, y'all would be banned without notice seeing how some of you post in these politically-related threads.

If there were individuals suspected of being a MAGA/Trump agent, he'd be among the top 5. As you, and I'm sure others have pointed out, his vibes and the cadence of the way he posts just give you a surefire feeling that he's an agent.
Guess what? I'm now just telling you this, but you're one of those people. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't take much to post a hand picture with a dated note.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking the same like outside the black community these fukking cracks not only called out his blackness, half of them wouldnt even accept him as a citizen.

But wasn’t it his “half whiteness” that made him “safe” and one of them as well?

If Obama was FULL Kenyan dark skinned (he’s still Kenyan American) no way he gets anywhere CLOSE to the White House

And he isn’t seen as African American passing

They’d probably be calling him an “African booty scratcher” :heh:

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
But wasn’t it his “half whiteness” that made him “safe” and one of them as well?

If Obama was FULL Kenyan dark skinned (he’s still Kenyan American) no way he gets anywhere CLOSE to the White House

And he isn’t seen as African American passing

They’d probably be calling him an “African booty scratcher” :heh:
Breh welcome to the world of mixed race heritage. Like i was just lamenting in another thread u can walk both worlds. Whites will fukk with u when its convenient but they will NEVER claim u.

I got my wake up call at 5 years old man. Sounds cold but it was probably for the best. Better to figure it out young. :francis:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few things that make Obama significantly different from Kamala. Obama wrote his autobiography, before getting into politics, "Dreams of his Father" which is a book that directly addressed his own confusion of his racial identity and belongingness. He further in 2008 gave the MORE PERFECT UNION speech gave a MACRO outlook of race and him due to living biracially been a witness of the views of white people versus the views of black people and even admitted his own white grandmother's own bigoted prejudices towards young black men which once confused him as to how she had this projected racist fear BUT LOVE HIM unconditionally. He went out his way to learn about his father, his Kenyan roots, and adopted & embrace Black American culture once he moved to south side Chicago. Became a grassroots activist. Married a full Black American woman. Went to an all-black church that preached black theology, and therefore, when he identifies himself as BLACK, it's authentic due to his background. It's not phony or put into question. It's not he's sometimes this way versus other times that way.

In CONTRAST is Kamala Harris. Kamala's parents are direct immigrants, unlike Obama in that his mother is full American. Donald Harris, Kamala's father, haven't on the record stated he's BLACK and I think it has to do a lot with how Jamaicans see themselves. He'll claim his nationality. He would claim his afro-Jamaican roots in passing, but he never expressed his heritage specifically of that afro-Jamaican roots. He's for all of Jamaica. He isn't like Bob Marley who sees himself as a Rastafarian per religion first. So, Donald Harris' doesn't or haven't publicly expressed blackness, he's pro-nationality. He even put "Jamaican" in place of RACE on Kamala's birth certificate, knowing there's many different races IN that country. He's pro-nationality. This is important because Kamala's claim of knowing herself to be black wasn't FROM HIM, but from her MOTHER, who isn't at all black, but Hindu-Indian. Both Kamala's mother and father were direct immigrants that had Kamala in Oakland shortly after both entered the U.S. and getting married. She was already in a privileged state considering at the time immigrants were and still are getting special treated benefits over Black Americans, such as scholarships for example. Both of her parents were at Berkeley University with her father eventually teaching at Stanford. However, they got divorced while Kamala was still young and from preteen to adulthood, Kamala had to move with her mom and sister to Montreal, Quebec. Lived in a completely non-black environment, under a completely different language, because they spoke French. Not only that, because she was raised by her Hindu-Indian mother, she was raised under Hinduism as her primary religion, frequent India and embraced that east-Asian heritage and family while becoming estranged with her father and his side of the family. She only been to Jamaica once while she was still a toddler and her parents were still married. but has NO connection with Jamaica at all nor really sought for it. She rarely speaks on her Jamaican side, and the last time she did publicly, was on the Breakfast Club where THEY brought it up and she made a weed joke only for her own father chastised her in a newspaper review for making a stereotypical mockery of Jamaica. After a year in a Montreal college, she went to Howard university, which is arguably the first and ONLY TIME she connected with somewhat a Black American culture, and I say somewhat because anyone can go to a HBCU, Rachel Dolezal went to Howard university as well and it to be said, people who are NOT BLACK has an easier pathway of getting accepted into a HBCU than a PWI. Not saying this she's not black, but if Kamala Harris been raised mostly through an Indian culture, with her Indian mother and sister, practiced Hinduism and hardly ever was in touch with her father growing up, one CAN say she identified herself as Indian first and foremost and only went to Howard because it easier to get accepted. TODAY, Kamala, who never had children of her own, is married to a WHITE JEW and adopted his WHITE KIDS. We only know a SMALL aspect of somewhat embracing blackness when she was at Howard. She all but abandoned it once she went to become a prosecutor, and it is HARD to have actual love for BLACK PEOPLE when most of the people whom you prosecute are black. So, she's devoid of this connection or love for black people, and it shows. She only PRETENDS to be for black people when she's out for getting votes. In contrast, she appears natural when among her Indian people.

I say a lot on Kamala because it's more than skin deep, and we tend to get the racist "one-drop rule" to mean every "brotha" or every "sista" is our brother or sister.

To put it short, Obama gets a pass because he's always genuine with his identity. Kamala struggles bein genuine and comes off fake when she tries to be what she thinks "being black" is.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
The definition of blackness is irrelevant, but in this case most people claim Kamala is black using the one drop rule. If we’re using the one drop rule, kamala can’t be Asian and black. She would just be black. The same reason Obama can’t be white and black. You don’t see Obama one day saying “I’m white” and then the next day saying “I’m black”

Obama has always said he’s black.
Kamala said she’s Asian.
She's both..

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
1. Social media... different era
2. the "ADOS" Tethers" thing wasnt known or rampant back then.
3. Obama was authentic.., nothin forced when he code-switched.
4. Black Wife, 2 black daughters
5. Community organizer in Southside Chicago.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I believe the real problem with Obama was if he’s “Muslim” or not :lolbron:

Nobody questioned his “black” identity. It was his religious identity which was ambiguous

Ironically he knew to join a “black” church :ehh:
You make a good point about the religious identity.

I would say Obamas identity overall is what people questioned. I remember Obama’s rise seemingly came out of nowhere and so fast. Most people didn’t know a thing about Obama so everything was in question:

1. His religion, mostly due to his name sounding “Muslim”
2. His cultural blackness.
3. His politics