Wait….why is Kamala’s “BLACKNESS” questioned and OBAMA got a pass?

Daps
Revisionist history like a mfer

Obama was BLACK. It was not a question…unless you’re talking about white folk’s opinion :mjtf: Bc amongst black folk he
was universally regarded as black. Outliers here and there dont matter

This new awakening and definition of black wasn’t until 1) Obama made it clear he was gonna treat being POTUS as a colorless position, and 2) People saw Black Panther and birthed the ADOS movement

The reason dudes would like to be revisionist is to mask how utterly ridiculous, hypocritical, and amateur hour they look

Thank you! As much trash as the thread topic is, dudes everywhere were HYPED to get in the polls and vote the first black president in. Never heard of anyone saying he's not black :gucci: the only criticisms I heard was he was young and somehow elitist :coffee: maybe some proto-Coli militants questioned it, but everyone else was seeing what he was gonna bring to the culture :krs:
Also, in between this thread and claiming he "found" the origin of the :banderas: meme, I wonder if OP is going through some midlife crisis where he's reliving the last 15 years or something :sadcam:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Obama had a black wife.. Kamala has a emasculated CAC..
she wouldve stayed down with montell she wouldnt have a problem...

giphy.webp

she had a lil stank to her back then ...now she got a peckerwood 2 step to her

Montel-Williams-Kamala-Harris.jpg

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
MAGA in 2008 :gucci:
What did you think the tea party was :gucci:

The only difference between the tea party and maga is the latter has a leader (cult leader really) and are more organised, oh also internet and social media make maga far more visible and louder, they are the same far right nutjobs that have now become the base of the republican party

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Revisionism like a mofo:duck:

Obama was accepted by the black community on day 1
This old article from CNN looks like it addresses it and is when Obama first started making some progress.

Is black America ready to embrace Obama?​

POSTED: 12:46 a.m. EST, March 1, 2007​

Story Highlights​

• In a new poll, Obama leads Clinton 44 to 33 percent among black voters
• Some blacks doubt that Obama understands their experience
• Obama, a Democrat from Illinois, is the Senate's only black member
• Polls say blacks are less likely to believe America is ready for a black president
From Candy Crowley and Sasha Johnson
CNN Washington Bureau
Adjust font size:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In recent months, ABC News-Washington Post polls showed Sen. Hillary Clinton running 40 points higher than Sen. Barack Obama among blacks voters asked to name their preference in the Democratic primary.
But in Wednesday editions, the Washington Post reported a poll that has Obama leading Clinton by 11 points among black voters -- 44 percent to 33 percent. Obama is the Senate's only black member and has been campaigning across the country for the last couple of months. Clinton is his chief rival for the 2008 presidential nomination
That change represents a stunning 24-point swing, but does it mean the black community has embraced the Illinois Democrat as its candidate?
Not exactly.
"Obama does have a plurality of black voters right now. He doesn't have a majority yet," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. "That means a majority of blacks still aren't sure about him.
"Forty-four percent favor him. That's certainly good news for him, but I think the Obama camp would like to see that be significantly higher."
Among blacks, Obama's favorables are high (70 percent), but Clinton's are higher (85 percent). Plus, Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, have deep roots in the black community.
Blacks, in part, may be slow to warm to the candidacy of Obama because, a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll suggests, they are less likely than whites to believe that America is ready for a black president.
The poll, conducted December 5-7, 2006, found that 65 percent of whites thought America was ready, compared with 54 percent of blacks. The poll's margin of error was plus-or-minus 5 percentage points.
George Wilson, the host of XM Radio's "GW on the Hill," hears doubts about Obama all the time from his black audience.
"There is this doubt 'But is America ready for a black president?' " Wilson told CNN. "And the overall consensus from my callers is that America is not ready for an African-American president."
Even at a rally for Obama in South Carolina you hear it:
"I'm being honest," Akyshia Gantt, an African-American, said. "No, I think -- which is bad -- that America is not ready for that, but I don't think they are." (Watch doubts expressed about Obama in black community )
Part of Obama's problem with black voters is that he is viewed by whites as the first black candidate with a legitimate shot at the White House.
"When white America has embraced a candidate -- as they have with Barack Obama -- there is a certain amount of distrust that goes with this among a number of African Americans," Wilson said
In an interview with National Public Radio, Obama acknowledged the dynamic:
"In the history of African-American politics in this country there has always been some tension between speaking in universal terms and speaking in very race-specific terms about the plight of the African-American community," Obama said. "By virtue of my background, I am more likely to speak in universal terms."
Obama suffers, in part, because voters are not familiar with him and there is doubt whether the son of a white woman from Kansas and a black man from Kenya, who was raised in Hawaii and educated in elite schools, can relate to the black American experience.
This has been described as "not black enough," a notion and a phrase that Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat who is a noted civil rights leader, rejects.
"I don't think he has any of the hang-ups that a lot of people that are victims of segregation and racial discrimination tend to have," Lewis said. "I think he's free of it, and he's running as an American citizen."
Forty-two years ago this Sunday, Lewis was beaten in the voting rights march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama -- a day that became known as "Bloody Sunday." Now, 43 African-Americans serve on Capitol Hill, and thousands of black politicians serve nationwide.
Time has made Lewis a true believer.
"In the depth of my heart, I believe it is possible for Sen. Obama to become president of the United States," Lewis said. "I think the American people are prepared to take that great leap. They're prepared to lay down the burden of race."