Wait so you telling me Cap3 did a billion + in about a 17 days... but other inferior franchises.....

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I would've been gracious and was...... but nicca made like 8 threads.... surely he shouldve known this was coming.... now he running like its the plague vs collecting this L:mjlol:
Oh we the IRS in this bytch. You can run but you can't hide from this L.

tumblr_n5fnunI35x1tt7nl6o1_500.gif
:russ: !!!!

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Compare a cinematic universes 2nd movie to another's 13th brehs:francis:
Argue about which movie earns a billion like you getting some if that money's brehs :francis:
Cop pleas for the two most popular comic heroes in history that pushed their movie back several times, including from having to compete directly with civil war, in order to make the most money possible brehs.

:cape: for mediocrity brehs.

Not for nothing BvS did do $535k this weekend. And yes I know this week 8 but in comparison at other week 8's;

TDK did $5.5 miilion
TDKR did $3.2 million
MOS did $467k

A1 did $7.2 million
A2 did $3.7 million
Cap2 did $2.3 million

:ld:
Got damn what an L :mjlol: Zootopia having stronger legs than BvS makes it all the more funnier.

General Audience?
He's right... Most ppl who see these movies didtn read a comic book in their life. They just went to a marvel movie and liked it and they continued to go see their movies
You cant make 1 billion just off of comic book geeks alone

I dot see how this is an L for DC. They made 900 mill from a movie that the critics shat on. If a bad movie can make so much money, good for them
You didn't have to read a comic to be a fan of batman and superman. You can walk on any street in America and ask a grandmother who batman is and who superman is and you can do the same for her grand daughter. They have been in multiple forms of media for decades. This excuse doesn't fly at all. That's why the suits at WB were salivating because this was an easy billion off general principle as long as the movie wasn't mediocre....too bad they fukked up on that part.

I'm a DC fan myself, but people have got to be real. Yes the GA knows who they are, but they don't care about them enough to say I'm watching a movie about them no matter what.
Marvel have created a movie fan base, DC needs to stick to there current tone and continue on if they want to reach a billi
No they actually need to make a good movie if they want to. They learned that the hard way this time. They basically did a fantastic four on a bigger scale. Banked on names while delivering a lack luster product.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Are any of y'all getting a check from Marvel and DC the way you Stan for them?

If you were into investing you might have bought Disney stock I dunno a year and a half ago expecting it to go up based on a bet these movies would do well. And if you then sold that stock at a higher price you bought it, yes you could get a check from this. Or you can hold it even longer and wait for Rogue One. :win:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If you were into investing you might have bought Disney stock I dunno a year and a half ago expecting it to go up based on a bet these movies would do well. And if you then sold that stock at a higher price you bought it, yes you could get a check from this. Or you can hold it even longer and wait for Rogue One. :win:
Even now it's still not too late to get in the stock game with Disney. They are about to be pumping out so many live remakes of old classics. Added with the Star Wars universe popping off and infinity wars still yet to come.

The TV game is a whole nother monster though and I know some people say you shouldn't invest based on film industry but :yeshrug:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Even now it's still not too late to get in the stock game with Disney. They are about to be pumping out so many live remakes of old classics. Added with the Star Wars universe popping off and infinity wars still yet to come.

The TV game is a whole nother monster though and I know some people say you shouldn't invest based on film industry but :yeshrug:

Yeah ESPN is dragging shyt down. Wack.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That Disney marketing :wow:

ABC, ESPN channels, Disney Channels, A&E, Lifetime. They can cross market on so many networks. Plus the "tone" of their movies makes them more accessible as well.

I personally like the tone of the DCU, but I really hope they don't change it up too much due to Disney's success.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait.... let me make sure I'm saying this right..... not just $900 million.... $940 million and counting........

Yall lucky I dont know how to make gifs or I'd make one using the intro of Cap 2 of Cap running with Falcon, passing him several times saying "on your left" but put a DC symbol over Falcons head:mjlol::mjlol:

@3Rivers :steviej:

EDIT: Nvm breh :dead:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Here's my thing....:smugfavre:

If you're gonna take this approach... I respect that..... but its too late. You should've did this about 4 threads ago from "that other dc stan guy."

To everyone all of a sudden coming out the woodworks complaining now. You cant just sit on the sideline and not saying nothing when its been consistent one sidely getting antagonized for weeks, but the moment the tides turn and a receipt is handed out THEN try to come out and be like "bu bu bu bu bu but this is wack":stopitslime:

giphy.gif

Yall had yall chance to stop this along time ago, but yall did nothing but sit back, watch and allow it. Truth be told, yall are no better and blood is more on yall hands than ANY DC or MARVEL stan.:pacspit:

You (not singling anyone out but speaking to that group) dont get to come in now and criticize! This is Justice and Mouse demands the haters bow down and take they L and gotdammit if they dont accept I will put them on they knees and force feed it to them! We not asking anyone to have to like it but niccas is gonna have to EAT it at the end of the day.

giphy.gif

Nothing but facts.

And the mouse gifs are killing me. :dead:

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Cop pleas for the two most popular comic heroes in history that pushed their movie back several times, including from having to compete directly with civil war, in order to make the most money possible brehs.

:cape: for mediocrity brehs.

Got damn what an L :mjlol: Zootopia having stronger legs than BvS makes it all the more funnier.

You didn't have to read a comic to be a fan of batman and superman. You can walk on any street in America and ask a grandmother who batman is and who superman is and you can do the same for her grand daughter. They have been in multiple forms of media for decades. This excuse doesn't fly at all. That's why the suits at WB were salivating because this was an easy billion off general principle as long as the movie wasn't mediocre....too bad they fukked up on that part.

No they actually need to make a good movie if they want to. They learned that the hard way this time. They basically did a fantastic four on a bigger scale. Banked on names while delivering a lack luster product.

Thanks for repeating what I said, but making it more dramatic. How anyone can compare BvS to Fantastic Four is beyond me. Why don't you just say you didn't like the movie and end it at that?

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
no.....:ufdup: it got out of hand about 5 "DC over stanning/Marvel hating and bashing" threads ago by a certain guy. This is justice and a receipt. What did Brehs really think niccas was just gonna get away with that?:mjlol:
You might could say that this thread is the dawn of justice....

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Thanks for repeating what I said, but making it more dramatic. How anyone can compare BvS to Fantastic Four is beyond me. Why don't you just say you didn't like the movie and end it at that?
Talk about making things more dramatic while making things more dramatic, brehs.

I said it was a larger scale version. Both were movies that underwhelmed, partly due to the fact that they were banking on being comic book films at a time where that genre is very popular and financially successful. Comparisons of the two films started and ended there unless you wanted to extrapolate more out of that.

Last edited: