Wacka Flocka: "Rick Ross making 30 songs that sound like mine. Watering it down"

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
no, it isn't. give me a fukking break. nobody knows who waka is or what hard in the paint is. everyone knows bmf. this dude sounds like he's trying to drum up controversy to create a buzz for his new album. ross shouldn't even respond.

negged.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I can kinda see where Waka's coming from...but it's a bit of a reach and silly on his part to claim ownership of some larger "trap sound" to this extent when

A. He's not the person actually responsible for the "sound"...he's a rapper, not the producer that actually made the "sound"...now if you want to claim that he and Lugar/Southside have some unique chemistry that jointly inspired that sound and without their dynamic together it wouldn't have existed otherwise, his issue shouldn't be with Ross or any other artist (of which there are literally too many to name, an entire sub-genre's worth of acts use that "sound")...but to the producers for giving his "sound" away to other acts...I'd suspect they'd laugh in his face, they're making the beats and free to get money producing for other artists...but it'd be a more legitimate gripe

B. That "sound" is far from so unique that it should count as some kind of separate unique movement all to itself completely separate from the larger "trap sound movement"...it's really just a branch of the general trap scene sound that reaches at least as far back as Jeezy's material and has evolved as something of a collective sound for most of the entire contemporary southern scene....I've never once listened to any of Ross' trap flavored joints and thought "damn...this is Waka's sound"...they're contemporaries and that "sound" was part of a larger scene Ross was deep in before anybody could recognize Waka as anything other than some random dude in the background of Gucci freestyle clips

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
Wacka has his nerve talking bout nikkas putting words that sound good together over beats when he cat even pull that off but he gets props for dissing Wiz (even though they were cool) and now dissing Ross.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Does it even matter who knows who Waka is?

He said something about Rozay's (recent) music, which was somewhat true so why does it matter if a random person somewhere knows who Rozay is but doesn't know who Waka is. shyt doesnt change the fact that Rozay did use that sound a lot.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
ive never seen a producers style get bit more than Luger's

Dr+Dre.jpg

:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
no he didnt, what Redd beat has hi hats like that?

Trap or Die era Shawty definately had influence over this era of southern rap, heavy, but his beats dont sound like Luger's

:what:

Lex whole style is a watered version of that. Up the high hats a bit, take out some layers of instruments. Keep biting the orchestral sounds and chord progression (for years), and use shytty fruity loops sounds. That's pretty much Lex. I heard some new shyt by him and he biting Mike Will now...

Last edited by a moderator:

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
:

I heard some new shyt by him and he biting Mike Will now...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIFFlfN1ScU]Gucci Mane - Kansas Ft Jim Jones [05 - I'm Up Mixtape] Produced by Lex Luger - YouTube[/ame]

:heh: Lex aint got no shame..nikka old style ran outta gas so he's bitin other nikkas.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
word? you sure? sounded like he called him a lyin fake gangster who stealin his sound.

flocka always been vocal about shyt like this tho, he stays talkin in interviews and videos about how nikkas tryna copy his producers sound and shyt

when the interviewer brought up ross he was prolly already in that mode of "fukk that shyt nikka my young nikkas got the hardest beats" talkin shyt and allat

he finna drop a video with meek mill and he stays shoutin bauce out, its all love...flocka just a ignant ass nikka he aint media trained