Vulgarity killed RnB

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Rnb was so fukking fire back in the day they have so many classic albums that classic albums go forgetten.

Jahiem- still ghetto is my favorite rnb album of all time. But his entire discography is fukking fire. He touches every subject from wanting to be taken back, telling a woman she's amazing, uplifting songs, then to straight fukking songs.

This is why frank ocean fan base is so big and loyal. Dude touches the creativity of the rnb side and its unique and spiritual how rnb songs used to be.

Chris Brown used to be that with a little mixture of all types of sides of rnb. Now brown and the majority of rnb dudes are about I'm a fukk u I'm a fukk u I'm a fukk u I'm a fukk u I'm a drink I'm a drink I'm a drink I'm a fukk u I'm a fukk u these bytches ain't shyt.

At least you can argue rap could be better than ever but its a majority in the public opinion for rnb. It fell off.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I was just saying the same thing to my cousin the other night, I cant stand this new RNB shyt

I used to listen to RNB when I got tired of Hip Hop and wanted to listen to smooth mellowed out songs with no cussing, or if im with my girl and I dont want to listen to no vulgar shyt ... Now its all just fukking and bytches on every song

This dude bryson tiller talking about smoking loud and hoes over the nicest production wtf.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
This is why frank ocean fan base is so big and loyal. Dude touches the creativity of the rnb side and its unique and spiritual how rnb songs used to be..

It was always hilarious to me when Coli posters swore Weeknd > Frank Ocean. Like, really? :rudy:

Weeknd came out the gate with his faux edginess on full swing. Frank Ocean got joints like "We All Try" and "Strawberry Swing." shyt's not even close.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I gotta blame kellz for this shyt. Dont get me wrong dude is a legend and a genius . He was the 1st cat i can remember with the overly sexual songs BUT he did counter it with love songs and insperational gospel type songs. nikkas after hit took his raunchier shyt and turned it up several notches.

I think Kellz started the melodic rapping/talking that basically runs rnb now for the most part....It definitly opened up the door for non singing azz nighaz to be able to do rnb,and even for rappers to be able to dabble in it and sound just as credible as alot of the rnb nikkas:snoop:

But overall it was bound to happen,Kellz was just one of the first if not the first,to show his love for hiphop in his music throughout his career:salute:....and R Kelly is a old nikka,and came up on great rnb music....so what do you think was going to happen with the younger generation?who came up when hiphop was the most popular genre in black music,and rnb wasnt?hiphop is most of these dudes primary inspiration,probaly wanted to be rappers.

Anyway,with out the cussing,the music would still lack depth in the words and overall folksnaint really singing...im liking this Ro James cat thats killin shyt right now,seems to blend the two nice as shyt:wow:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
It supposed to be like that....thats what the market demands

You cant serenade a Ratchet...and ratchets are the norm these days

When the women are more hypermasculine than the dudes..cause men are emasculated these days

R&B today is non conceptual...non intellectual
Everything a THOT listens to is CRIME RELATED or SEXUAL :manny:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
RnB just got more honest. In real life brehs are depressed, in real life brehs are hard on these h**s

dvsn was a the closest I've hard o a quality traditional rnb album.

It's weird traditional rnb was oviously greater, especially for singles but I like to listen to this new rnb casually much more.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yup RnB songs are best when the lyrics are subtle and use metaphors and innuendo as opposed to flat out saying I want fukk
The innuendo of old R&B was the best

"I have a place for you in the middle... right in the middle of my.... heart :smile:"

"Give me your....love :smile:"

"Make my... love :scheme: ... come down"

shyt kills me EVERY TIME :dead: