Vladimir Putin admits to 360,000 “irretrievable” losses in Ukraine. (50,000-100,000 confirmed dead according to new report)

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
russias larger population didn't help them when the war in Afghanistan.:francis:
Russo-Japanese war (1st Russian Revolution - Czar Alexander forced to give up absolute authority to prevent civil war), WW1 (2nd Russian Revolution - collapse of Russian government and civil war) , Afghan War (collapse of Soviet government), and the 1st Chechyan War ( collapse of Russian democracy rise of Putin).

Russia always has as many soldiers as they need until the government falls apart.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads

EU to open membership talks with Ukraine and Moldova​

European leaders have decided to open EU membership talks with Ukraine and Moldova and to grant candidate status to Georgia.

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky hailed the decision, made at a summit in Brussels, as "a victory" for his country and Europe.

A spokesperson for Charles Michel, the President of the European Council, said that agreement was unanimous.

images

:obama:
Political theater. It's just a invitation for a possible acceptance into the EU. Ukraine will still need to meet the requirements, which I doubt.

Just wanted to add some nuance

Chronic

All Star
Daps
When your propaganda to make Russia appear weak backfired. Since many Ukrainians were bombarded with stuff like: "Russia only has shovels to equipped their soldiers", "Russia suffering 20 to 1 death compared to Ukraine", Russian soldiers have low morale and will runaway at the sight of Leopard 2 and Bradley" now many Ukrainians don't think they need to join the army anymore since "Russia is going to collapse soon anyway".
"If we talk about the war on all fronts, we are losing. Where are we winning? I don't know, I can't say. We are surviving. It's one thing to do what you have to do to win and another to do what you have to do not to perish. This is a very difficult time for us," said Veres.

He believes the inflated expectations of the summer's counter-offensive have played a part.

"We thought we would be in Crimea in the summer, and a lot of people stopped living the war, some people stopped wanting to go to the AFU," he says.

Last edited:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Political theater. It's just a invitation for a possible acceptance into the EU. Ukraine will still need to meet the requirements, which I doubt.

Just wanted to add some nuance
If Greece, Hungary and Turkey can join the EU so can Ukraine. A failed economy and 2 one party dictatorships. The biggest obstacle to Ukraine gaining membership is its untapped potential as an agricultural power. That will scare EU states who don’t want their own market share undercut. Doesn’t matter though as the US is pushing for it and as shown throughout this conflict the US gets what it wants.

Ultimately the time spent modernizing and Europeanizing Ukraine through EU oversight will be more than worth it.

So no I don’t agree with your premise as this is an important and major first step. Certainly not “political theater”