Vladimir Putin admits to 360,000 “irretrievable” losses in Ukraine. (50,000-100,000 confirmed dead according to new report)

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
300k casualties after 7 years in the 1960’s

To lose more than that in 2 years in the 2020’s is rediculous

We had only around 5k dead in Iraq/afghanistan after 20 years. Russian is at least 20 times that at the minimum.
iraq collapsed in a month because they couldnt handle overwhelming air power...in Ukraine's case the US was supporting them with intel and anti aircraft weapons
Afghanistan was just shepherds nothing like a normal military

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
damn the amount of mfs who thought Russia would steamroll ukraine :dead: myself damn near included. What an inept country

word, I didn't think Russia would be losing the war with Ukraine that drastically

I wonder how the Russian civilians feel about Putin's war, and I wonder if Russia is going to try to get Putin out the paint for fvcking up so bad

what yall brehs think ?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
just for reference..the US had 300k casualties in the Vietnam war..that actual death toll for russians is probably around 50-110k
its not the end of the world or anything
I'm assuming you know casualities refer to KIA and wounded so I won't touch that.

Still, with the accurate definition of casualities, we did not have 300k casualities in Vietnam. Are you including only US forces or US forces and allies in this number?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
word, I didn't think Russia would be losing the war with Ukraine that drastically

I wonder how the Russian civilians feel about Putin's war, and I wonder if Russia is going to try to get Putin out the paint for fvcking up so bad

what yall brehs think ?
Russians are notoriously "non-political" which is a desired state for authoritarian governments. Plebs should not have any concerns about political matters because it's above their station basically.

This is if you ask them on camera. Putin enjoys a lot of support among the rural populations and older generations who support the war. Educated and city dwelling residents are going to be more diverse in opinion, if they haven't fled which is an implicit vote for non support which there are a lot who have done that.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
crazy how old men can decide to send millions of young men to their deaths :snoop:
I always think to this Hermann Goering quote about how easy it is to convince people to go die.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. "

Hermann Goering, Germany Reborn

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
iraq collapsed in a month because they couldnt handle overwhelming air power...in Ukraine's case the US was supporting them with intel and anti aircraft weapons
Afghanistan was just shepherds nothing like a normal military
True…

The real point is that the American public hated both wars. And they were like 800% less taxing on the economy and population than the current war is on Russia. It’s devastating in personnel and economic losses.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
im just getting it from wikipedia

303,644 wounded for the USA

Gotcha. Just I've never heard a figure that high for the US alone for that conflict, including the wounded . This is how Wikipedia defines half of that 300k number which may explain it.

From the citation:
"The figures of 58,220 and 303,644 for U.S. deaths and wounded come from the Department of Defense Statistical Information Analysis Division (SIAD), Defense Manpower Data Center, as well as from a Department of Veterans fact sheet dated May 2010; the total is 153,303 WIA excluding 150,341 persons not requiring hospital care[39] the CRS (Congressional Research Service) Report for Congress, American War and Military Operations Casualties: Lists and Statistics, dated 26 February 2010,[40] and the book Crucible Vietnam: Memoir of an Infantry Lieutenant.[2]: 65, 107, 154, 217  Some other sources give different figures (e.g. the 2005/2006 documentary Heart of Darkness: The Vietnam War Chronicles 1945–1975 cited elsewhere in this article gives a figure of 58,159 U.S. deaths,[41] and the 2007 book Vietnam Sons gives a figure of 58,226)[42] ".

If someone reports a stubbed toe or grazed injury that requires non-hospital treatment and not enough to take them out of battle, is that also being counted?

The link I posted seems measure it differently. Who knows. :yeshrug:

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
You guys make these threads like it’s still early 2022

Like the rethuglicans didn’t just tell president Joe and Zelenskyy to kick rocks

Like Russia isn’t currently on the offensive and Ukraine isn’t retreating and running out of ammo

this is will be a costly war for Putin , but ultimately he will get what he wants ( new territory, no NATO Ukraine, and he stood up to NATO alone and came out on top)

It’s unfortunate that so many Ukrainian men and women and Russian soldiers had to suffer in the process :francis:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:laff: Not one US soldier died for stronger U.S. global hegemony. If I was a conspiracy theorist I’d say that Putin was working for the state department.

Denmark follows Sweden and Finland in signing US defence deal
Nordic countries seek closer relations with the US military after Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine

The US will be able to base soldiers and equipment permanently in Denmark after the Scandinavian country reversed decades of foreign policy to become the last nation in the region to sign a defence cooperation agreement with Washington.

Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine last year has pushed Sweden, Finland and Denmark all to sign such deals with the US in recent days, a way of deepening security ties with the main military force in the West.
“We are sending a clear signal that Denmark, together with the US, is taking even greater responsibility for Danish security — and that is necessary,” Mette Frederiksen, Denmark’s prime minister, said on Tuesday.

“The goal is to ensure peace not only now but for the generations that come after us.”
Denmark has, since the 1950s, had a policy of not allowing foreign troops or nuclear weapons on its soil. Nuclear weapons will not be based in Denmark under the new 10-year agreement, but US troops will be allowed on three Danish air bases, which is customary under such deals — they will be subject to US law.

All seven other Nordic and Baltic countries have defence cooperation agreements in addition to their NATO membership or pending application to join the defence alliance, as in Sweden’s case.

The Nordic and Baltic regions have become a critical Western military and diplomatic focus following Russia’s full-scale invasion of neighbouring Ukraine in 2022.

Finland’s addition to NATO in April doubled the length of the defence alliance’s border with Russia because of its 1,340km frontier. That border is currently closed after Russia encouraged undocumented asylum seekers to enter Finland without permission.
Nordic countries are increasingly discussing how they can integrate their militaries, which are closely linked and hold frequent joint training missions. Swedish Gripen and Norwegian F-35 fighter jets have taken off and landed on Finnish roads with their Nordic neighbours.

“The future is to play to each of our strengths. Finland is strong in land forces, Sweden is stronger in navy, and Norway has good expertise in the Arctic,” said one Nordic diplomat.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Ukraine has a smaller population (even excluding the tens of millions who fled at the outbreak of war) and has lost a similar amount of men - according to leaked diplomatic cables.

If you think Russia is doomed manpower wise, then Ukraine simply has no chance - with the average age of a frontline Ukrainian soldier being 43.

Inside Volodymyr Zelensky’s Struggle to Keep Ukraine in the Fight

Russia has a larger population and can simply grind Ukrainians down, which is why Western "allies" of Ukraine and the Coli's Azov fanclub are freaking out and spamming threads

russias larger population didn't help them when the war in Afghanistan.:francis:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
You guys make these threads like it’s still early 2022

Like the rethuglicans didn’t just tell president Joe and Zelenskyy to kick rocks

Like Russia isn’t currently on the offensive and Ukraine isn’t retreating and running out of ammo

this is will be a costly war for Putin , but ultimately he will get what he wants ( new territory, no NATO Ukraine, and he stood up to NATO alone and came out on top)

It’s unfortunate that so many Ukrainian men and women and Russian soldiers had to suffer in the process :francis:

how many NATO troops did russians kill?