Virtua Fighter: Lore and Why it's deeper than Tekken

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
VF is just dull compared to Tekken. Tekken in terms of aesthetics is just way more captivating. The characters are memorable as well (Kazuya,Law,Paul, Devil, Heihachi)
Nah

VF is extremely in depth fighting system.. Being able to change styles was crazy.

But yeah, Tekkens presentation and characters are increasingly more rememberable. But I would still rather play VF4 for the more complex fighting

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I love Sega, but I've to got be objective VF after 4 lacks content and looks straight up boring, it's the same copy and paste shyt. Sega lack consistency. I think in Japan VF may still have a solid fanbase currently as it's always done well there compared to the west. I hope this new House of the Dead restores what Sega used to be. Sega needs to release a damn new Fighting Vipers, Last Bronx or a new fighting game that borrows concepts from last Bronx, Fighting Vipers, Virtual-On or Last Bronx.

I agree with you on Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx. I still own both of those games on my Saturn to this day. Good news is that Sega actually just dropped a new Virtual On in Japan last week :banderas:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
VF was one of the more balanced and technical 3d fighters it just wasn't flashy if you couldn't appreciate the mastery of the system and or characters it was pretty boring, some characters much more than others.

There were some characters that were just super cool to watch in action.

VF introduced one of my fav female fighters...then they white washed her (literally)

tumblr_or7a7lDpLe1vm0djpo1_540.gif

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah

VF is extremely in depth fighting system.. Being able to change styles was crazy.

But yeah, Tekkens presentation and characters are increasingly more rememberable. But I would still rather play VF4 for the more complex fighting

any muthafukka in here dissing VF dont know shyt about fighting games. :stopitslime:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I agree with you on Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx. I still own both of those games on my Saturn to this day. Good news is that Sega actually just dropped a new Virtual On in Japan last week :banderas:

Damn I need to get me a Sega Saturn again, how was you able to keep your games from wayback? I've either lost mines, or it got thrown away by relatives. I played the virtual-on demo on my Japanese PSN account, I'm definitely gonna buy it sometime.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
Damn I need to get me a Sega Saturn again, how was you able to keep your games from wayback? I've either lost mines, or it got thrown away by relatives. I played the virtual-on demo on my Japanese PSN account, I'm definitely gonna buy it sometime.

I love my Sega Saturn to death. :mjcry:

I never throw away my video games breh. Over the years they just turned into a collection. I still have all of my SNES, NES, PS1, PS2 and Dreamcast and Saturn games back in the day. When I went to Japan I was able to cop a white Sega Saturn for $50 and hella games that were about $5-$10 a piece. Saturn games in Japan are next to nothing in price except for the rare or high value games like Alpha 3 and shyt like that.

Got the Dreamcast hooked up in the living room and the Saturn hooked up in the bedroom right now. :banderas:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
VF's animations were always super impressive and natural looking.

I went so hard in VF5:FS

Pai Chan is bae
:mjcry:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a big fan of both. I came in on the tail end of VF and it was ok, but when VF2 came out, it was levels above. I used to go to different arcades in the neighborhood and play VF2 for money. VF is real fighting, the closest you can get in an arcade. The drawback is, it is complicated to play do some of the moves and difficult to do the combos so you cant jump from character to character...you have to master them each.

I used to kill with several of them. I was almost unbeatable Shun and Lion. I used to kill with Jeffrey because I would do the splash mountain power bomb, a couple of those and match over. I basically mastered most of the characters, Kage, Jacky, Pai, Wolf, etc...

the down attacks :banderas:

when I started playing Tekken at home, same thing. Loved the first one but the 2nd one took it to an entire nother level....I mastered a lot of them but if I ever got my hands on you with King :ufdup:your ass was grass

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Sounds TOO GOOD to be TRUE
How do you know?
:jbhmm:
My bad I slightly had the info wrong. You could get VF Remix sent you if you registered your Sega Saturn. All of the fellas in the Sega community and Magazine releases have confirmed this.
Here's a quote from a fella from a Sega Saturn forum:Virtua Fighter Remix | The Sega Saturn Forum - セガサターン - SegaSaturn.co.uk
"I know in the US it was released in a few different ways. One it came in a cardboard sleeve, another it came in a standard jewel case, and another was in the usual tall box jewel case that most US Saturn games came in though I have yet to see this one. In the US if you had your Saturn registered you received the game free of charge as an apology for the poor port that came with the Saturn originally."

il_570xN.1349191758_3rud.jpg