Virtua Fighter: Lore and Why it's deeper than Tekken

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
VF had and probably still have a big following in Japan hence why the added characters from VF to Dead Or Alive. The arcade scene is still big there.
i respect it. I never got the chance to get in deep as far as playing it but i remember the high marks in EGM and such back in like late 90's early 2000s

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Always preferred Virtua Fighter to Tekken but most people prefer Tekken. Now the VF franchise is all but dead.
It's sad

They're both great games and are different

So we need them both

V.F. suffers from being compared toTekken

Some people would say Mortal Kombat was more fun to play then either

I love them all

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Damn, there's no other way to explain it better than that :pachaha:

Virtua Fighter is deeper than Tekken overall, but VF has zero personality :hhh:
I agree AM2 failed to add story to the characters, instead, they concentrated more on the same gameplay which got boring after a while.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Virtua Fighter 2 is the only fighting game i was actually deep into. Kage, and Lau Chan were :ohlawd:. The underwater stage fight against Dural...so many rages. Actually I was into Dead or Alive as well. Both them shyts dead now :mjcry:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yep Virtua Fighter 1, 2, Megamix and 3, 4 was the only VF games I enjoyed even though I got my asked kicked repeatedly. Most of Sega's franchises are currently dead to be honest however they are trying to fix their old IPs like Sonic and The House Of The Dead. Virtua Fighter in my opinion went dead was because of the lack of story, the gameplay or system never changed at all.

Megamix is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
Virtua Fighter 2 is the only fighting game i was actually deep into. Kage, and Lau Chan were :ohlawd:. The underwater stage fight against Dural...so many rages. Actually I was into Dead or Alive as well. Both them shyts dead now :mjcry:
When she gives you that wolf throw and you gotta watch your fighter fly out the ring at .025 mph.
:damn::damn::damn: