Virtua Fighter: Lore and Why it's deeper than Tekken

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
VF learning curve is way too high tbh
I disagree with this. VF's fundamentals are pretty straight forward and clear cut. A fighting game player can come into VF and understand the concept and movement.

High Attacks
Mid Attacks
Low Attacks
Block
Sidestep

Some moves have tracking and can't be sidestepped. But linear kicks, punches etc can be dodged. Then there's audio queues on moves that help you understand what is coming from characters.

Tekken and Soul Calibur on the other hand... both have a ton of fukkery going on where it's hard for a novice to understand how to counter what's destroying them. Sidestepping in Tekken is not nearly as technical as VF. It feels like everything tracks you in Tekken, where as in VF that's not the case at all.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Megamix is one of my favorite fighters of all time.
Same here breh, AM2 messed up for not adding Sonic though or even tails and Knuckles. I don't know why they added Bean and Bark when most of us in the west either forgot about them or never heard of them. The graphics could have been much better like VF2. overall the game was fun if they added the desired characters this game would probably still be talked about.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree with this. VF's fundamentals are pretty straight forward and clear cut. A fighting game player can come into VF and understand the concept and movement.

High Attacks
Mid Attacks
Low Attacks
Block
Sidestep

Some moves have tracking and can't be sidestepped. But linear kicks, punches etc can be dodged. Then there's audio queues on moves that help you understand what is coming from characters.

Tekken and Soul Calibur on the other hand... both have a ton of fukkery going on where it's hard for a novice to understand how to counter what's destroying them. Sidestepping in Tekken is not nearly as technical as VF. It feels like everything tracks you in Tekken, where as in VF that's not the case at all.

i remember picking up the ps3 version for awhile and being completely stumped on its combo system and you can't commit any of the combos to muscle memory is what im getting at, you get punished for using the same combos.

sidenote; can we take a moment to appreciate VF2 soundtrack? one of the dopest fight gaming soundtracks of that era, i remember you could pop sega saturn cds into your cd player and listen to all of the songs as if it was a album :wow:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
i remember picking up the ps3 version for awhile and being completely stumped on its combo system and you can't commit any of the combos to muscle memory is what im getting at, you get punished for using the same combos.

sidenote; can we take a moment to appreciate VF2 soundtrack? one of the dopest fight gaming soundtracks of that era, i remember you could pop sega saturn cds into your cd player and listen to all of the songs as if it was a album :wow:

Damn Leon's theme sounds like something you'd hear on a 90's fashion show. VF1 Arranged soundtrack had some cool shyt, but VF2 takes the cake.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After Tekken 4 it ain't been the same in terms of seriousness and characters, it too fanservice now. Although Tekken 7 was serious it still felt lighthearted compared to Tekken 4 and it's past predecessors.

You like Tekken 4? Tekken 5 was pretty much what saved the franchise after the disaster that was 4

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
You like Tekken 4? Tekken 5 was pretty much what saved the franchise after the disaster that was 4
Tekken 5 was the beginning of the fall, that's where the fanservice shyt started and all the characters became comic relief. The only good thing of 5 was Jins rpg game and Heihachi's presumed death.

Huda2daf

Superstar
Daps
I had that Sega Saturn bundle with this.

Yeah this shyt been wack since back then. Even then I couldn't get anyone to play with me on vf2