Virtua Fighter: Lore and Why it's deeper than Tekken

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I was reading some blogs it turn's out the there was meant to be a Virtua fighter RPG based on Akira before the events of Virtua Fighter, however sometime Sega changed there mind on a VF RPG based on Akira. So instead they came up with Shenmue if you analyze Ryo you can see a few similarities with him and Akira, both Ryu and Akira are similar age and fight in a similar fashion.

Here's Akira's design that was supposed to be on the VF RPG, but got passed on to Ryo instead.
akiravf2.jpg

akira_boat.jpg

berkley20.jpg

GS-9065_21,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-21-Virtua-Fighter-CG-Portrait-Series-Vol.3-Akira-Yuki-JPN.jpg

Ryo
akira2.jpg

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Always preferred Virtua Fighter to Tekken but most people prefer Tekken. Now the VF franchise is all but dead.
Yep Virtua Fighter 1, 2, Megamix and 3, 4 was the only VF games I enjoyed even though I got my asked kicked repeatedly. Most of Sega's franchises are currently dead to be honest however they are trying to fix their old IPs like Sonic and The House Of The Dead. Virtua Fighter in my opinion went dead was because of the lack of story, the gameplay or system never changed at all.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Yeah, its sad. VF 4 is probably one of my favorite fighting games ever and we'll probably never get another entry in the series :francis:

Damn Sega falling off :sadcam:, a shame when you think of how fighting games are doing really well know too.
I love Sega, but I've to got be objective VF after 4 lacks content and looks straight up boring, it's the same copy and paste shyt. Sega lack consistency. I think in Japan VF may still have a solid fanbase currently as it's always done well there compared to the west. I hope this new House of the Dead restores what Sega used to be. Sega needs to release a damn new Fighting Vipers, Last Bronx or a new fighting game that borrows concepts from last Bronx, Fighting Vipers, Virtual-On or Last Bronx.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
VF is just dull compared to Tekken. Tekken in terms of aesthetics is just way more captivating. The characters are memorable as well (Kazuya,Law,Paul, Devil, Heihachi)

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
VF is just dull compared to Tekken. Tekken in terms of aesthetics is just way more captivating. The characters are memorable as well (Kazuya,Law,Paul, Devil, Heihachi)
Paul is a straight rip off of Jacky, both Law and Kazuya jacked a few of Jacky's move sets. I agree Tekken has memorable characters compared to VF, then again VF characters look bland because the developer wanted to give the game a more realistic look, whereas Tekken chars look like they came out straight from a Manga. VF has a few memorable characters like; Wolf(Appeared on games outside VF), Jacky, Leon, Jeffry, and Kage.