Viola Davis says black woman aren't romantically linked with white men enough in flims

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I reread the quotes multiple times and I just can't figure out why she believes it is so important.
Bc wm write the checks in Hollywood and she trynna get some more butter biscuits. :usure:

This is who Hollywood decide to work with. The hatred for your black ass and the love for their oppressors is real. Because millions of bw should say she’s out of line but you won’t see it.
Bc those women don't have platforms. Wm got the platforms and they pick who they want to highlight. If you want to see different, you need your own platforms, or at minimum, yall need to heavily support bw doing right. I don't see that happening for whatever reason.

I always felt an off vibe about her but I wanted her to do well. What really made me start looking at her funny was when Monique was out here talking her shyt and Viola gon pipe up with "There IS pay discrimination, but this nice white lady costar of mine advocated for me to get equal pay, so all you need is some good white folks." Wtf, bytch? STFU. :childplease:

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
Let's hear it, one for the c00ns on UPN 9 and WB
Who 'Yes Massa' on TV, what ever happened to Wheezy? The Red Fox's?
Never got Emmy's but were real to me
Let's hear it, two for the spooks who do cartwheels
Cause they said they played they parts well
Now they claim caviar, hate that oxtail
Lambda Sigma Phi badge on lapel
Whitey always tell him, "Ooh, he speak so well"
Are you the one we look to, the decent Negro?
The acceptable Negro hell nah
But they say, "These are our heroes"

:ahh:NAS said this 14 years ago & its still prevalent Today

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
This is why I don't get too caught up with black actors/actress (so i don't wind up disappointed) many of them eventually start c00ning & making statements like this or similar. I'm not the biggest Tyler Perry fan however I respect his biz simply for the fact that he tries to keep most of his movies/TV series black you may see a couple of whites here and there but he makes sure to limit their screentime which is probably why white critics specifically shyt on his projects.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:ehh:

Butter biscuits do hit though. A little c00ning for some bread. I like the dualities.

Seriously though, this is shameful from her unless my context meter is way off.
:ohhh: :mjlol:

It's absolutely shameful, just like the rest of this secure the bag culture. Ppl forget or don't know, the reason AADOS stayed broke historically is bc we had an anti-c00ning culture. There was always an option to get paid c00ning, even during slavery days. It's super easy to get the bag from the wm, esp as a bw , if you're willing to do anything.

:scust:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Bc wm write the checks in Hollywood and she trynna get some more butter biscuits. :usure:

Bc those women don't have platforms. Wm got the platforms and they pick who they want to highlight. If you want to see different, you need your own platforms, or at minimum, yall need to heavily support bw doing right. I don't see that happening for whatever reason.

I always felt an off vibe about her but I wanted her to do well. What really made me start looking at her funny was when Monique was out here talking her shyt and Viola gon pipe up with "There IS pay discrimination, but this nice white lady costar of mine advocated for me to get equal pay, so all you need is some good white folks." Wtf, bytch? STFU. :childplease:

Oh no, they have social media platforms. Thats why i know most bw on social media cosigns the swirl movement. Groups on facebook, Black Twitter, Youtube channels, etc all promote or have youtube celebrity bw promote swirl life, mixed babies, natural hair (which is a dog-whistle for black feminism) but rarely you see a group of bw condemning swirl life or comments like this unless its a ultra pro-black or some conscious (middle-aged single mother) group.

The bw that does it right gets swallowed by a sea of swirler/black feminist supporters. We black men support Keri Hilson but shes a rare one. We even go as far as vehemently support ones who constantly date out (Rihanna, Halle) and also give them props because of their looks. The ones who are doing right gets blasted y the bitter bytches by caling them a "pick me" like a shaming tactic to support your own men. That's who depraved the situation has gotten.

ShackZilla89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NoWhere
She has a BLACK HUSBAND too.

:mindblown::snoop:

That's like a white woman being married to a white man talking about how white women need to be shown more with Black men.

But then again you would never hear a white man/woman say this about us.
Alot of these women have no respect for their husbands. This isn't the only time I've seen a black woman say something similar while layed up with a black man at home. I would be planning my escape if my wife said something similar, I'm not going for it...

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Truth be told, I would rather more BW get with WM than to constantly hear about how black men ain't shyt.
Real spit

:patrice:

I hear that. Tired of being disrespected and unwanted.

But... I'll still take that all day over seeing all our women start to swirl. Plus, we can't let the vocal minority steer us away.

I respect your stance either way, hope you reconsider though.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Norfolk State is still kinda good.

You know that's the hood and white boys ain't really trying to venture over there on Park Ave and Brambleton, right in the middle of Mission College, Young's Park, Huntersville, and Tidewater Park's hood.

But Hampton University.....

Man.

That school has always been full of highkey wanna be white, black folks, and them girls have took it to a whole nother level.

They running all these NASA, Langley Air Force Base, Fort Eustis Army Base, shipyard cacs pockets something crazy.
I see his all the time at MacArthur mall or near base. It's funny Just yesterday I seen a black girl sneak a white dude into her barracks room on some mission impossible shyt. She was pacing back and forth making sure no one noticed :mjlol:.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Alot of these women have no respect for their husbands. This isn't the only time I've seen a black woman say something similar while layed up with a black man at home. I would be planning my escape if my wife said something similar, I'm not going for it...

nnamdi asomugha goes through this with Keri Washington. Did you see the twitter thread where she was hoping to do a love scene with Chris Evans?