Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Show is trying to do too much, Richie is not that interesting

He's a 1/4 Black Italian cokehead murdering philanderer trauma victim and he's still not as captivating as the music on the show

Bobby Cannavale is doing a great job playing a junkie a$$hole, but his character is at a rock-bottom point who's history is more interesting than what's happening currently in the show. I think Richie is going to be more interesting when he finally cleans up a little and starts dealing with his wacked-out life bullshyt.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Bobby Cannavale is doing a great job playing a junkie a$$hole, but his character is at a rock-bottom point who's history is more interesting than what's happening currently in the show. I think Richie is going to be more interesting when he finally cleans up a little and starts dealing with his wacked-out life bullshyt.
he's doing a good job, sure. i just don't find the character interesting

i wanted to watch a show about the record industry in the 70s, not this dude's fukked up life. this is OD anti-hero

a show with jackie gervais as the protagonist woulda been much more entertaining to me.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Imo the foundation is set now.

We now know what makes the protagonist tick. What demons he has..

We know that they're not selling the company.

We know who the lead guitar is gonna be for the nasty bits....

Everything is ready to move forward now. In my view.
i get that they were not trying to just make Mad Men: 1970s but a lot of this could have been revealed slowly over time and made more interesting

it might be ready to move forward but is it going anywhere interesting? i'm concerned there's no intrigue left now

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
i get that they were not trying to just make Mad Men: 1970s but a lot of this could have been revealed slowly over time and made more interesting

it might be ready to move forward but is it going anywhere interesting? i'm concerned there's no intrigue left now
Valid point.
Interesting.

I have faith.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I realized that Ernst was dead, or was at least a hallucination during the Nasty Bits tryout scene.

Mad Men did an episode like this (The Crash) and way better but the final scene was still sort of impactful.

This was actually the first episode where the fukkery was more just sad than funny because it actually revealed a little about Richie's character.
It was sad as fukk. I'm hurt :wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What a great episode. Coke all over the place :wow:

This might have taken over Billions as my favorite show of the spring :ehh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:heh: Yes he is
To you

I know people like that in real life, some of whom actually lived through the 70s on a coke binge, I find most of them insufferable and needy as fukk. All that bravado is hiding a lack of personality

But let's keep it tv. Richie is nothing compared to the first 6 episodes of mcnulty, tony, walt, don (and I'm a known mad men hater), even nucky, fukk it even gip rosetti

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Bobby Cannavale has to be THE king of overacting in Hollywood right now. It works for this role though, same with Gyp Rosetti.

This, and I don't think Ray Romano is getting enough credit.

As a whole, I think this is the point where the show picks up steam for me, I like their take on kind of the birth of punk rock and considering that hip-hop is basically being made in that same era, (I think that's where the season is going to end) I'm excited. But I do agree, I like the noise and happenings of the musicians way more than the personal struggles of Richie Finestra.

On a sidenote: I'm digging Olivia Wilde and that classic 70's bush of hers. I never found her all that attractive until watching this show, in general.

Last edited: