Vince Russo says HHH's booking of Raw... REEKS

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Triple H turned Ronda back heel and Becky back face where they belong. He brought Bayley back in a new faction with Dakota Kai and Io Sky. He revived the womens tag team titles with a tournament. He got Sasha and Naomi back to WWE after Vince burned a bridge. The womens division isn't perfect but it's absolutely better than before.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Triple H turned Ronda back heel and Becky back face where they belong. He brought Bayley back in a new faction with Dakota Kai and Io Sky. He revived the womens tag team titles with a tournament. He got Sasha and Naomi back to WWE after Vince burned a bridge. The womens division isn't perfect but it's absolutely better than before.

Ya that's part of Vinnie Ru's point though... do you care about Dakota Kai and Sky if you hadn't seen them in NXT? Do you care about the women's tag titles unless you're already watching? shyt I watch most weeks and I couldn't give a fukk less about the women's straps.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
According to Russo, he secretly consulted USA Network on all matters pertaining to "WWE Raw" from April 2020 until April 2022.

"I've been keeping a little secret for the last two+ years. I want to come clean," Russo said [H/T SportsKeeda]. "Well, bro, I'm going to break the news to you on this show. I have not said this publicly before. From March, pre-Mania, bro, it was right before Mania in 2020, up until this past Mania in 2022."

"So basically, bro, for two years, I was consulting for the USA Network," added Russo. "For two years, bro, the USA Network paid me very, very, very well."

Russo claimed Vince McMahon was aware of him being hired by USA Network.

"I got in contact with the Vice President at the USA Network, who was overseeing Raw," Russo revealed. "He knew who I was, called me back immediately, and we had a long discussion. So the first thing he did was he went directly to Vince McMahon."

Russo elaborated further on his reason for "coming clean" nearly two years after taking up the job.

"When it comes to numbers when it comes to networks, I don't care if it's 1999 or 2020; I know where they stand," Russo claimed. "I know what they are looking for. I know what's acceptable and what's unacceptable because I had communication with them for two straight years. So, don't tell me what the f— I'm talking about, bro, when I'm working directly with the network that WWE Raw is on."

Last year, Russo revealed he briefly worked with WWE on a Peacock/WWE Network documentary. Russo did not provide further details on the project.

On a scale from one to ten how full of shyt do we think Russo is? :russ:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
?

Ronda seems like a bad ass antihero to me like Brock and Austin. I think HHH was smart enough to know booking her like Vince had been doing was why she was getting booed.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Reeks thread byke?:mjgrin:

Streets saying Velveteen Dream getting a look at to comeback:huhldup::hubie:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This thread is still hilarious. Russo being upset that people have moved on from the crash tv of the Attitude era, the everything on a pole era in WCW, and the Last Rights era in TNA is straight comedy. If Russo were to be hired today I guarantee you that he would do exactly what he did in 1999. 1999 was fine in 1999 but in 2022 I don't want to see any of that shyt anymore.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Bischoff
Russo
Cornette

All 3 had great ideas in the business. All 3 also had terrible ideas that showed that time had past them by

All 3 have peddled that into podcast/shoot careers with cult followings and just blowing wind into any direction about the current business with surface takes that will get clicks from both their critics and cultist fans

Best not to take too serious at this point
Nah Bischoff different than the other 2, he hasn’t become insufferable, he just calls it like he sees it

Doesn’t seem bitter tho

I personally would like to see him come back to WWE as a GM or manager

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Let's have a reverse Royal Rumble! :gladbron:
First man eliminated gets to challenge for every title at Mania :gladbron:
I remember specifically Russo giving himself credit for Austin and Rock and Bischoff crediting himself for the NWO. They’ve brainwashed a generation of fans into believing the booker is more important than the wrestlers
Bischoff was responsible for the NWO tho, just as much as the wrestlers

His heel turn was low key a GOAT heel turn

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a bit of a Triple H fan but Russo got a point here.

There is too much focus on the least important aspect of wrestling which is the wrestling itself.

Where are the storylines which can draw the casuals? For example, when is the last time we had a miscarriage angle? Terri and D'lo?