Vince Russo says HHH's booking of Raw... REEKS

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
A casual in the way Russo means it is pretty stupid..

People who don’t watch wrestling aren’t “casual viewers” or “casual fans”

They’re literally just people who aren’t interested in wrestling..

That’s like calling myself a casual because I don’t watch Tennis. There’s absolutely nothing in the world that would make me tune into tennis. I’m not a “casual tennis viewer”… I’m literally just a muhfukka that doesn’t watch and will never watch Tennis

It’s way more important to put your resources into turning part time and first time viewers into potential regular viewers than it is trying to grab people who have absolutely no interest in pro wrestling and even reject the idea of its existence

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It never occurred to Russo that many current fans of wrestling actually LIKES long matches. He’s equally as out of touch as Cornette. His time writing for WWF coincided with Jerry Springer, Howard Stern, Court TV. Those days are over, and the tastes of the public have changed. If it didn’t, those three things would have it’s same place in society today as it did in 1999. I remember Russo saying his goal was to take the ring out of the show. He’d have packed up the wrestling business a long time ago.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
A casual in the way Russo means it is pretty stupid..

People who don’t watch wrestling aren’t “casual viewers” or “casual fans”

They’re literally just people who aren’t interested in wrestling..

That’s like calling myself a casual because I don’t watch Tennis. There’s absolutely nothing in the world that would make me tune into tennis. I’m not a “casual tennis viewer”… I’m literally just a muhfukka that doesn’t watch and will never watch Tennis

It’s way more important to put your resources into turning part time and first time viewers into potential regular viewers than it is trying to grab people who have absolutely no interest in pro wrestling and even reject the idea of its existence
I agree 100%.

I consider myself to be a casual. For the past 10+ years I would only check in every so often, or if I heard about something big happening (Rock returning, NXT on tv, AEW forming, etc.), to see how things are and usually I get irritated with the overall product and leave again. When Vince stepped down, I came back again and this time around I find myself looking forward to the shows and watching all week for the first time in over a decade. The fact that the stories are coherent and have a consistent weekly direction, there's much less silly shyt in the wrong places, the titles have meaning, the wrestlers are more natural, the segments flow better, there's been an infusion of high quality fukkery, and there so many other positive but small changes that add up...

...it hasn't been perfect or perfectly suited to my tastes, but I like enough of what I see to stick around for the time being. Just do something about the crazy ass camera work and we're golden.

EDIT:
Oh, and watching alongside other brehs here has also made it more fun too lol
:salute:

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Russo spent his WWF career kissing McMahon's ass. No surprise he's criticizing people who took over Vince's spot.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I agree 100%.

I consider myself to be a casual. For the past 10+ years I would only check in every so often, or if I heard about something big happening (Rock returning, NXT on tv, AEW forming, etc.), to see how things are and usually I get irritated with the overall product and leave again. When Vince stepped down, I came back again and this time around I find myself looking forward to the shows and watching all week for the first time in over a decade. The fact that the stories are coherent and have a consistently weekly direction, there's much less silly shyt in the wrong places, the titles have meaning, the wrestlers are more natural, the segments flow better, there's been an infusion of high quality fukkery, and there so many other positive but small changes that add up...

...it hasn't been perfect or perfectly suited to my tastes, but I like enough of what I see to stick around for the time being. Just do something about the crazy ass camera work and we're golden.

EDIT:
Oh, and watching alongside other brehs here has also made it more fun too lol
:salute:

Yeapp to everything

And the fact that RAW is hitting 2 million after months of juggling between 1.6 and 1.8 shows that there’s still plenty of people jumping in and out of the product depending on how they feel about what they’re seeing, and some are starting to stick.

People who watched casually (here and there) are turning into regularly weekly viewers again

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Former WWE writer Vince Russo has heavily criticized Bianca Belair's current character work.

The EST, along with Alexa Bliss and Asuka, faced Damage CTRL members Bayley, Dakota Kai, and IYO SKY in a six-woman tag team match at Clash at the Castle. Belair ended up suffering a pinfall loss, courtesy of Bayley.

On the most recent episode of Monday Night RAW, the two women confronted each other ahead of potential singles match down the road.

Speaking on the latest edition of Sportskeeda Wrestling's Legion of RAW, Russo mentioned that he wasn't impressed with how WWE portrayed Belair's character.

"She is miscasted like she was a babyface and they have her talking like a heel. Bro, the whole street talking, it's the, 'talk to the hand.' And I do think she's a star, she invests the money in the clothing, I agree with all of that, but I just hate the get-o-street, I hate that. Bro, she doesn't need that." (51:58- 52:35) :mjpls:
He further compared Bianca Belair to tennis legend Serena Williams:

"Bro, just let her be her. She's the Serena Williams of the WWE, she's a bonafide blue-chip athlete who's gonna beat me," he said. (52:38- 52:52)