VINCE MCMAHON ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

drifter

Superstar
Daps
In the end, the mark got worked. Vince getting Benoit'd while he is still alive is ether.
I'd wager he doesn't really care about any of this as much as people outside seem to

Wall Street doesn't even care about the 15 mil like Twitter and apparently people in here, stock is up 8.5%

Either WWE gets sold for billions and he cashes out or WWE under Trips/Steph puts out the best product in the past decade plus and you line his pockets up more than you have the past few years. These are the only two things that can happen imo and both end up as more green for p*ssy, only this time he'll trick in peace

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd wager he doesn't really care about any of this as much as people outside seem to

Wall Street doesn't even care about the 15 mil like Twitter and apparently people in here, stock is up 8.5%

Either WWE gets sold for billions and he cashes out or WWE under Trips/Steph puts out the best product in the past decade plus and you line his pockets up more than you have the past few years. These are the only two things that can happen imo and both end up as more green for p*ssy, only this time he'll trick in peace

I'd say it isn't a case of wall street not caring, and it's more of a case where wall street is saying the writing that was previously in the wall has now been redone with neon lining.

The signs were there before that there was a solid chance that WWE was streamlining itself to possibly be preparing for a sale. But now, with Vince pushed out, the SEC looking into things, and the very real possibility that other executives get clapped as part of this, now is absolutely the time to sell. People are just trying to get in before Comcast or someone else comes through and starts talking about how many cents on the dollar existing stock is worth in an acquisition.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Bad news for Vince and WWE, not only is company paying a fine for this. Vince might see a jail cell for what he did. The company is a restatement of there financial statement and is probably looking to sell.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Upcoming Vince McMahon HBO Real Sports Story Said To Be ‘Damning’​

In the aftermath of two explosive stories from the Wall Street Journal, other mainstream outlets have reportedly begun fishing into Vince McMahon’s past transgressions. In the coming week, HBO Real Sports is set to drop a story on McMahon that is said to contain “damning” details.

On Monday’s Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez noted that McMahon’s retirement was likely a preemptive move as WWE was aware of the details in the upcoming stories.

“I will say that there are rumors that the HBO Real Sports story on Vince is – one person used the term ‘damning’ and that there might be another Wall Street Journal article coming out this week,” Alvarez said [H/T WrestlingNews]. “They may have gotten ahead of things with this resignation on Friday.”

McMahon is currently under investigation by not just WWE’s Board of Directors, but also federal prosecutors and the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) for a series of payments he made between 2006 to 2022.

In their 8-K filing with the SEC, WWE stated that they had received “regulatory, investigative and enforcement inquiries, subpoenas or demands” in connection with “Unrecorded Expenses” made by McMahon between 2006 and 2022. WWE announced they are currently revising previous financial statements to record these expenses for the end of 2019, 2020, 2021 and Q1 of 2022, with the goal of issuing new statements by August 9. The “Unrecorded Expenses” were disclosed to be a sum of $14.6 million, which WWE mentioned have either been paid or will be paid personally by McMahon.

According to a WSJ report published Monday, the ongoing federal investigation essentially hastened McMahon’s decision to retire from all duties, corporate and creative. McMahon initially stepped down as CEO & Chairman last month but continued to overlook the creative end of WWE. All that changed last Friday when McMahon announced his retirement from the company.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
We're gonna ignore the fact that NXT fell off a cliff once there was actual pressure on HHH and they had to run live weekly TV :sas1:

Man went into cardiac arrest just trying to compete with Joey Janela and Luchasarus
It did not "fall off a cliff"

NXT was putting on good shows, but all of us angry "marks" pushed AEW over NXT because we wanted to see Vince lose.

Everybody was always in agreement that HHH was doing a good job in NXT, but Vince would take the talent up to the main roster, shyt on them, and fukk up their gimmicks most of the time.
He's the reason they lost the tag titles :why: :mjlol:
I've come to the conclusion that Vince is like an abusive father like say Joe Jackson or something.

Who pushes you to be your best, but causes mentally scars you in the proces.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
So, what's gonna be the stooges angle, now? :heh:

We "smarks" got what we want in that Vince is gone and HHH is in charge, so do they root AGAINST WWE now because Vince is out of charge?

Do they root for HHH/Steph & pretend that nothing has changed?

Do they find some other angle?

Like what can they say now?

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
So, what's gonna be the stooges angle, now? :heh:

We "smarks" got what we want in that Vince is gone and HHH is in charge, so do they root AGAINST WWE now because Vince is out of charge?

Do they root for HHH/Steph & pretend that nothing has changed?

Do they find some other angle?

Like what can they say now?
I was dead ass thinking about that today. I’m slowly starting to see it on Twitter with them revising history on Hunter’s booking in NXT :pachaha:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they start criticizing the company once the shows start getting better. But it’s not like they can switch sides and start rooting for AEW because then that goes against everything they stand for :russ:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Crazy how a series of decisions over decades leads to this.

Vince takes the company public.

Pays out hush money with company dime.

Has to ultimately step down because of it. If he never takes the company public, this blows over and he runs the show until he dies.

All jokes aside, in the end Vince really did screw Vince.

bret-hart.gif

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@RammerJammer Peep This

According to an excerpt reported by the New York Post from the new book, The Leadership Secrets of Nick Saban by Al.com senior sports editor John Talty, Saban had meetings about potentially leaving Alabama for ESPN in 2014.

The possibility of a move to ESPN began to emerge when Saban met with Nick Khan, then a sports media talent agent at CAA, prior to the ’13 season. At the time, Khan represented high-profile television personalities including Kirk Herbstreit, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Mike Greenberg and many others, according to Talty.

:russ: