VINCE MCMAHON ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
If smaller guys get pushed they need to be extraordinary talents like Danielson AJ Jericho HBK and Angle.

Going forward I just don’t want them to fukk up Gunther and make sure you don’t kill the head of the table gimmick and take both belts off Roman the wrong way. He should be universal champion for 1000 days.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

Crazy how a series of decisions over decades leads to this.

Vince takes the company public.

Pays out hush money with company dime.

Has to ultimately step down because of it. If he never takes the company public, this blows over and he runs the show until he dies.

All jokes aside, in the end Vince really did screw Vince.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I told y'all when the news first broke of that scandal that Vince was done
Idgaf if you are a majority shareholder, you don't fukk with investor money and expect to get away with it
He wasn't majority shareholder but Papa John's had no issue throwing Papa John right into the bushes when he fukked with that NFL money.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Something that has been overlooked with all the changes:

Vince McMahon's abrupt retirement as WWE's chief executive could reignite sale talks under newly installed co-CEO Nick Khan.

Why it matters: Speculation of a potential sale for the global wrestling outfit has swirled ever since Khan joined as president in 2020. Now he runs the $5 billion company alongside Vince's daughter, Stephanie.

Driving the news: McMahon shocked the WWE world on Friday when he announced he would retire as chairman and CEO amid an investigation into his behavior that included sexual misconduct.
  • McMahon had voluntarily stepped back from his duties as CEO last month.

The intrigue: Khan's hiring in 2020 immediately raised questions about whether or not it meant WWE would eventually sell.
  • Khan is no stranger to dealmaking. He joined after eight years at CAA, where he was co-head of the TV department. He represented WWE in its media rights talks, including the move of the "Smackdown" franchise from NBCUniversal to Fox.
  • Upon joining, Khan and McMahon oversaw a near-total remake of the WWE's media division and began to pursue different types of media deals.
  • One big example: Last year, Khan helped land a $1 billion streaming deal with Peacock that made the NBCU-owned streaming service the exclusive home for its own streaming service, WWE Network.
  • Earlier this year, Khan admitted WWE had fielded calls from prospective buyers, though he added there were no active sale talks and that they were not actively looking for a buyer.

Yes, but:
No deal happens without the blessing of Vince McMahon, 76.
  • McMahon owns 92% of the WWE’s Class B common stock, which has 10 votes for every share.
  • "As the majority shareholder, I will continue to support WWE in any way I can," he said in a statement Friday

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
In the end, the mark got worked. Vince getting Benoit'd while he is still alive is ether.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
To get this out there before anyone else does (I just googled and didn't see anything):

We're in the NickMahon era now.
hOLy6DW.jpg