“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
In a league where Tatum's about to sign an extension at $60m per and Shai's a few summers away from $80m per, OG at $40m is simply the cost of doing business in a contending window:hubie:
Tatum stays healthy and is legitimately one of the best players in the league fukk that.
The front office had to know what the ceiling was when trading for him. Not a bad contract that you can't get out of if you need to.
Well given his injury history down the line it very well could be hard to get out of.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I’m not a fan of Jake Fischer however I do remember Carmelo Anthony talking on his podcast about how the Knicks were pissed when Mitch got injured because they were going to trade him.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I think people/fans still aren't used to the high numbers these salaries are rising to but not understanding these are just the new $10-25 million contracts that we grew up with. It seems like a lot but this will become the norm for average players with the tv deal. Every year it will decrease on the cap percentage so it's wiser to get it done earlier than later similar to nfl qb salaries.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

Madison Square Garden Sports CEO and executive chairman James Dolan received a contract extension through June 2027, according to a new SEC filing on Thursday.

The deal takes effect July 1 with terms that are “consistent with his current agreement,” per the filing. They include a base salary of at least $1.6 million and an annual target bonus “equal to not less” than 200% of his annual salary. He is also eligible to participate in a long-term incentive program that will pay out an aggregate of not less than $7.8 million.

The deal allows Dolan to serve on outside boards under certain circumstances.

MSG Sports is the publicly traded entity that owns the New York Knicks and New York Rangers, who both just reached the second round of the playoffs, an MSG first since 2013. The Dolan family controls the voting stock of MSG Sports, as well as MSG Entertainment, which owns sports and concert venues, such as Madison Square Garden. Dolan is also CEO and chairman of MSGE. He holds those same titles at Sphere Entertainment, which owns MSG Networks and the $2.3 billion Las Vegas Sphere.

The Knicks ($7.43 billion) and Rangers ($2.45 billion) rank as the second-most valuable teams in their respective sports leagues, but Wall Street values MSG Sports at a steep discount to their private valuations. The current enterprise value of MSG Sports is $5.5 billion.