“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
It really doesn't. We've been really spoiled with these team-friendly contracts. Go look at the list of Centers who make more than Mitch. Then go look at the list of players who make what he makes. He was injured on a dirty play. Steph Curry was injury-prone until he wasn't. I'd rather take my chances than bring in some Danny Green level player.

Claxton
Valanciunas
Drummond

All available in free agency this summer.

Turner and Reid (player option) contracts are finished in 2025.

We can upgrade in the center position if we play it right even if it's a mid-season trade.

To your point, which one of those options would command a higher salary than Mitch? Curry was injury-prone but his game isn't reliant on as much physicality as Mitch's. Curry had to get stronger, put on more muscle mass, etc. Curry got over his injury issues, by what, year 4-5? We're in year 6 and we're still concerned about Robinson's health? And goddamn, he plays for THIBS and he's a 7-footer.

:mjcry:

//

He's the Knick with the longest tenure and I'm not suggesting we should cast him away frivolously. But fact of the matter is, we should be open to going in a different direction because even with what he has provided on the court when healthy, it doesn't make up for the amount of time missed relative to what we paid him. If he was a minimum contract? Sure. $15M, even on a team-friendly contract is a lot of money. It's enough to make a difference if we want to maintain or gain key pieces.

I'll put it to you this way. What injury-prone CENTER has had this much trouble with injuries, that has eventually got over it and excelled? Genuine question.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Claxton
Valanciunas
Drummond

We can upgrade in the center position if we play it right even if it's a mid-season trade.

To your point, which one of those options would command a higher salary than Mitch? Curry was injury-prone but his game isn't reliant on as much physicality as Mitch's. Curry had to get stronger, put on more muscle mass, etc. Curry got over his injury issues, by what, year 4-5? We're in year 6 and we're still concerned about Robinson's health? And goddamn, he plays for THIBS and he's a 7-footer.

//

He's the Knick with the longest tenure and I'm not suggesting we should cast him away frivolously. But fact of the matter is, we should be open to going in a different direction because even with what he has provided on the court when healthy, it doesn't make up for the amount of time missed relative to what we paid him. If he was a minimum contract? Sure. $15M, even on a team-friendly contract is a lot of money. It's enough to make a difference if we want to maintain or gain key pieces.

I'll put it to you this way. What injury-prone CENTER has had this much trouble with injuries, that has eventually got over it and excelled? Genuine question.
Decent points. I wouldn't think any of those players aside from Naz Reid are an upgrade from Mitch. And Naz is gonna command Jared Allen money, 4/80 minimum. I'm not saying Mitch is our sole center of the future, I'm just advocating for him and I-Hart to be our center combo. I don't think we can replicate that anywhere else.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Claxton
Valanciunas
Drummond

//

Nets already said they're willing to give Claxton 20m a year

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
Claxton
Valanciunas
Drummond

//

I'll put it to you this way. What injuryIll-prone CENTER has had this much trouble with injuries, that has eventually got over it and excelled? Genuine question.
I'll take Jonas over Mitch everyday and twice on Sunday.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
Tough loss but we made Indiana bleed in their house.

Some very fixable adjustments from Thibs and the players, primarily Brunson.

I'm comfortable with this going to 7 games, honestly.

Indiana hoisting up banners in GAME 3. They ain't built for this mentally.

Stay healthy enough in game 4, even with another loss and then 2 games in New York?

We got this. Let's maintain composure. It's a marathon, not a race.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
Tough loss but we made Indiana bleed in their house.

Some very fixable adjustments from Thibs and the players, primarily Brunson.

I'm comfortable with this going to 7 games, honestly.

Indiana hoisting up banners in GAME 3. They ain't built for this mentally.

Stay healthy enough in game 4, even with another loss and then 2 games in New York?

We got this. Let's maintain composure. It's a marathon, not a race.

fukk that. End the series ASAP. Knicks don't have the luxury of a marathon with their thin roster and bodies falling down every night

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
fukk that. End the series ASAP. Knicks don't have the luxury of a marathon with their thin roster and bodies falling down every night

Luxury doesn't exist in the playoffs full stop bro.

My point is, as an organisation and as a fanbase, we got this. Can't lose our heads, with everything taken into consideration.

Even WITH this loss, we have to trust our team to get it done in clutch games/situations and so far, we have more evidence than not we can do that, especially against this b*tch-made Indiana team.

We didn't rebound well in the 4th. We didn't score well enough in the 4th and the most clutch player of the playoffs had a poor game (by his standards). That is the exception, not the rule.

Maintain composure, that's what we need to do.