“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Kudos to Haliburton and McConnell tbh, they both did their post-game and flat-out said they got outworked by the Knicks and it wasn't a couple calls type game, it was just effort from their end.

Carlisle though, going out sad
Turner, as well.

True professionals in this situation.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

The Villanova trio getting most of the credit (rightfully so), but Isaiah "Black Excellence" Hartenstein has been doing his thing. Re-signing him in the offseason is a must.

:patrice: .....meh.

He was getting bullied by a hobbled Embiid in rd 1 and got torched by Turner in Gm 1 this series.

Had an excellent game 2, tho. And yes, resigning him should be at the top of our priority list.

Daps
Reppin
NY

The Villanova trio getting most of the credit (rightfully so), but Isaiah "Black Excellence" Hartenstein has been doing his thing. Re-signing him in the offseason is a must.

This is pretty much why retaining Hartenstein this offseason is non-negotiable.

He's an added element to the offense (comfortable in it in his own regard), crashes tf out of the boards on both ends, and he's not some sort of defensive liability/holds his own vs a majority of centers.

For as much as we love Mitch; he's not healthy routinely, offensive blackhole whether free throws or just being involved. Yes his defense is world class but doesn't mean much when he's missing 60%+ of the season.

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
This is pretty much why retaining Hartenstein this offseason is non-negotiable.

He's an added element to the offense (comfortable in it in his own regard), crashes tf out of the boards on both ends, and he's not some sort of defensive liability/holds his own vs a majority of centers.

For as much as we love Mitch; he's not healthy routinely, offensive blackhole whether free throws or just being involved. Yes his defense is world class but doesn't mean much when he's missing 60%+ of the season.
I'm quite sure we will be resigning Hartstein and OG so don't worry. I think Mitch gets traded.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm quite sure we will be resigning Hartstein and OG so don't worry. I think Mitch gets traded.
We're not trading Mitch. There's no reason to, and everyone acting like we can just easily replace the best offensive rebounder/fringe all-defensive teamer on a 15 million dollar descending contract in the draft or in FA is nuts.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
We're not trading Mitch. There's no reason to, and everyone acting like we can just easily replace the best offensive rebounder/fringe all-defensive teamer on a 15 million dollar descending contract in the draft or in FA is nuts.

What evidence over the last 3 years have we been given that he can stay healthy?

We know what he can do, but his body doesn't seem to want that for him and at a certain point, we have to be pragmatic.

$15M can go a long way in another direction.

Daps
Reppin
NY

I think OG is a lock, Hartenstein said if the money is equal from outside or close to it he'll definitely stay because he wants to.

Mitch trade would be interesting cause that 15m is spread out between the Hartenstein raise and the OG raise (Burks being an expiring/Team Option helps with this too). Also some more picks for down the line is always nice to have and weaponize in due time.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Embiid on one leg and half a face had I-Hart in the torture chamber the entire series.

And I love Hartenstein, but we're probably not playing right now without Mitch. Need him in particular for them big body nikkas (:dame:) like Embiid and Jokic.