“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You say Mikal is mid but he's like the missing piece of Voltron. Josh Hart and Dante aren't playing this way on any other team. If bridges joins his friends on the knicks its a fukking wrap for the league
I’ve never believed in anything more in my entire life and I’ve been on this island for over a year now.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Something I’ve mentioned last year during the Heat series about Thibs is he really approaches games like boxes matches for good and bad. He likes to rope-a-dope teams and weather storms until they’re tired in the 4th where he will start throwing defensive adjustments at them. Waiting until the 4th to finally start doubling Embiid wasn’t an accident. He was way too fatigued mentally and physically to process what was happening and counter quickly and if you start doing that in the 2nd quarter he might get used to it by the time you really need stops at the end of the game.

The problem with this strategy against the Heat was we didn’t have the offense to keep the games close enough for it to work.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So now dudes don't want Devin Booker or Kevin Durant lol

Nobody is coming to this team and changing the culture. The culture is set.

And the Knicks still need another piece to be a championship team. They're close, but as currently constructed they are never going to beat the Celtics or the elite teams out West.

DDV played out of his mind this year, but he's better suited coming off the bench. Knicks need one more scorer/playmaker in that starting lineup.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

And the Knicks still need another piece to be a championship team. They're close, but as currently constructed they are never going to beat the Celtics or the elite teams out West.

DDV played out of his mind this year, but he's better suited coming off the bench. Knicks need one more scorer/playmaker in that starting lineup.
I just don’t think Booker is the right running mate for Brunson who is THAT good now. Offensively, I’m not interested in a “your turn, my turn” iso offense. He left that in Dallas.

In order to trade for Booker, you’re giving up Randle, Bojan and all the picks. Now we’re a small team again with OG and Josh being your main frontcourt pairings with Mitch/Hartenstein. Going against everything that made us devastating when we first traded for OG. Yall keep trying to upgrade this specific team when our best version was that couple weeks in January.

KD AT LEAST would cost less picks for the same package and we don’t have to give up length. But I’m not sure how much he has left physically. I’m not saying he’s a bum and not slightly better than Randle, but he’s nowhere near the same player he was and I’m scared to death of what the decline continues to look like.

If there’s anything we should be learning about the Suns and the rest of these “multiple stars” teams is that roster construction is way more important than amassing talent. I know Jokic is all world, but that’s a well built team that was intentional about the players they put around him.

I’d much rather try and get our “Aaron Gordon” than just getting a name to put next to Brunson and Randle if possible.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Now?

Go back in many of our history. I’ve never been one to fawn over those Brehs - future hall of famers they will be.

I honestly have been on the Leon Rose philosophy.

Keep stacking and improving incrementally. Keep a war chest, but if you can use that war chest to bring in a host of solid “non stars” that can supplement our team leaders - Brunson and Randle -go the conservative route.

I am not saying Randle is untradeable. It has to make sense. Keep this moneyball -esque method.

When you look at what Brun, OG, Randle was looking like before the Randle freak injury…it’s negligent not to see what that really was if it means not breaking the bank for the “too big to fail” home run trade.

I never stressed the Knicks not tanking “the right way”. Sixers did it, right?

I never stressed missing out on the KD, Kyrie sweepstakes. I was actually relieved. The Nets won that sweepstakes, though, right?

I never stressed the “why can’t the Knicks make a splash with their warchest like the Suns”. The Suns got the superstar roster, right?

Meanwhile, we have flipped the entire LOLKNICKS narrative without doing any of at NBA2k FO Hail Mary shyt.

Will we win a Chip? I don’t know. But only 1 team wins a year. None of the above teams have won either.

I’m willing to keep building this team incrementally and support the stars that are here into it all either works out into one of those above teams I mentioned win and make me feel stupid.

Again, not saying keep this roster for the next ten years. Just, if it’s working and has potential, keep it. Also, you want Brunson to be happy…y’all better not even talk about including Hart or Donte in trades. Lol

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
You say Mikal is mid but he's like the missing piece of Voltron. Josh Hart and Dante aren't playing this way on any other team. If bridges joins his friends on the knicks its a fukking wrap for the league
The juice to actually get him ain’t worth the squeeze. He ain’t closing out games for you. For what you’d overpay to get him you can get a bonafide real star and impact player. It won’t always about Villanova connections. Them boys are actual good basketball players Villanova be damned. That’s why it works and they would work with other good/great players. I’m just turned off by Mikal especially the disappearing act he pulled this year and in the finals a few years ago. Meanwhile Booker was droppin 40pieces in the finals tryna overcome Gianni’s’ dominance.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The juice to actually get him ain’t worth the squeeze. He ain’t closing out games for you. For what you’d overpay to get him you can get a bonafide real star and impact player. It won’t always about Villanova connections. Them boys are actual good basketball players Villanova be damned. That’s why it works and they would work with other good/great players. I’m just turned off by Mikal especially the disappearing act he pulled this year and in the finals a few years ago. Meanwhile Booker was droppin 40pieces in the finals tryna overcome Gianni’s’ dominance.
Mikal was miscast just like Randle was for so long. Just hit open shots and use them long ass arms to make this one of the best defenses of all time.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Kinda hate this perception Brunson has which leads to him being underrated.

Ain’t no “old man game” he is supremely skilled, this “he’s not the fastest” bullshyt dude is one of the quickest and strongest players pound for pound :camby:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Booker shoots a ton and is a minus on defense. I rather get a Randle replacement than change the backcourt.

DDV is ideal he was an elite high volume three point shooter and some games was downright dominant off-ball defensively.

I rather get KD, Bron, Zion as a Julius replacement or get Bridges and go small with him and OG as our forwards.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Mikal was miscast just like Randle was for so long. Just hit open shots and use them long ass arms to make this one of the best defenses of all time.
He doesn’t solve our lack of creation away from Brunson. No thanks. He’s a good player. I want more than just good
As far as defenses goes, as long as thibs is here we will have a high end defense

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin

Kinda hate this perception Brunson has which leads to him being underrated.

Ain’t no “old man game” he is supremely skilled, this “he’s not the fastest” bullshyt dude is one of the quickest and strongest players pound for pound :camby:
Lmao old man game. There is no man in history of the game that plays like Brunson especially at his size. shyts backhanded as hell cause he don’t dunk on nikkas or take 35 foot jumpers all game