“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I believe we have a shot to win this year but a Julius replacement preferably one of KD, Bron, Zion, Giannis would put us over the top.

I appreciate what Julius has done and his loyalty through good and bad times but I don’t like his game or temperament for playoff basketball.
I was just talking to my brother about this. Which forward helps put the current Knicks over the finish line. With no randle

Giannis obviously does, but would cost to much. Plus he’s breaking down every playoffs.

Zion- stay the fukk away from that fat fukk, no motor, no heart, always injured.

KD- best case scenario and would be the cheapest. Randle/burks/filler/2-3 picks gets it done. Both teams win, suns get younger and get trade picks that they can flip for a big and C. We get to keep OG/hart/donte/mitch/ihart and deuce. KD gets a legit pg who can create for others, kd can play ISO and catch and shoot.

Only way i would trade Randle is for another all star forward, one for one deal with picks involved. No more depleting bench for a star

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
But booker and kd together arent title locks?
thats because that team is missing a shyt ton more of what it takes to win a championship
they have no point guard play, zero defensive versatility or point of attack defenders, which we have a surplus of.
KD's a dumbass that thinks playing with 2 smaller versions of himself + vet minimum players will guarantee him deep playoff runs.
there is little to no game management going on which is why they're the worst 4th quarter team in the nba.
their damn coach wanted a pg and the FO said hell naw lol

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Booker in NY is a title lock.

or...

KD in NY is a title lock.

I don't want any of them and I definitely don't want bron or AD. Booker would cost too much, AD is as healthy as Embiid and Bron/KD had their chance years ago.

If I had a choice, I'd rather go for Bridges. He's a better fit for the system and would fit in perfect with the rest of the Nova Knicks, but Brooklyn probably won't trade him here.

After that I think KD would be the better fit. He would work well with Brunson. He's a mental midget, but the things that worked for him with Curry would work in NYC. Randle has earned his stripes, but KD would work better as a second option to Brunson. Let Brunson drive the bus and we'll be good. A KD trade won't destroy the depth.

In the end, I trust whatever decision Rose makes in the off-season. He's earned that trust

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think randle woulda been fine these playoffs with the new additions. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here lol We most likely need him vs boston and having against da pacers would be great as well.

KD is a bytch and had chances to come here and dissed us. Booker is a no and giannis cost too much. Dis team really doesnt need that big of a move as presently constructed

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
thats because that team is missing a shyt ton more of what it takes to win a championship
they have no point guard play, zero defensive versatility or point of attack defenders, which we have a surplus of.
KD's a dumbass that thinks playing with 2 smaller versions of himself + vet minimum players will guarantee him deep playoff runs.
there is little to no game management going on which is why they're the worst 4th quarter team in the nba.
their damn coach wanted a pg and the FO said hell naw lol
My thing is, do we go against what got us here in favor of that mega star? At the risk of them torpedoing all the things that made this team so tough. What happens when Booker starts bytching about going through plays at shoot around? Is KD’s old ass going to commit to the swarming defensive philosophy and sticking to his rotations? Only quasi attainable superstar that would fit Thibs AND this roster to me is Giannis. Everyone else is a gamble I’m scared as hell to take. Get Randle back, add another bonafide bench piece (*cough or Mikal) and run this shyt all the way back.